5 months ago
Security Operations Analyst
Technology & Innovation
Job Title: Security Operations SOC Analyst
Location: Langley, Slough
Salary: Circa. £45,000
Security continues to be a pivotal part of any business strategy and we are no different. We are looking to bring on board a Security Operations Analyst to join the team in Langley, Slough.
So why Virgin Media?
After becoming the UK’s first "quad-play" media company we are now in the process of delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3billion programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions homes and businesses.
Our Technology and Innovation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our Technology and Innovation function is very unique. We work collaboratively with Liberty Global in a PAN European Delivery Function, meaning our opportunities are now more exciting than ever! We are now proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
Global Security Operations are responsible for monitoring security and managing security incidents across the Virgin Media and Liberty Global group. The GSOC function operates on a shift system operating between 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday with an on-call function. The GSOC Supports Liberty Global by minimising risk exposure, and handling security incidents.
The Security Operations Analyst will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all assets and systems. This will be done by monitoring, detection and analysis activities.
You will investigate and respond to security incidents raised by all areas of the business and undertake monitoring of security controls and policy adherence based on ISO27001, PCIDSS, DPA and SOX.
You will join a wider team containing a number of SOC Analysts who look after a range of areas including intrusion detection analysis, incident response, vulnerability management and infrastructure so knowledge of this would be advantageous.
The team work on an 8 hour shift basis (early, mid, late) between the hours of 7am-7pm, with an on-call function outside of these hours on a rotational basis.
This role would be suitable for either a current Security Analyst looking to expand their skills, or someone with related experience who wants to make the move into a Security function.
Are you right for the role?
To be successful in this role you will have experience in some of the following, and be keen to develop in other areas:
- Ideally educated to degree level or holding a professional qualification e.g. CEH, CCNA, CCNS.
- Experience in incident response including verification of events, and leading incidents trough to conclusion.
- Experience of working effectively with a variety of stakeholders from different technology and business teams.
- In depth understanding of IT systems and technologies (e.g. Linux and Windows operating systems, TCP/IP Networking, E-Mail).
- Appreciation of the potential impact of security events and ability to prioritise them.
- Ability to identify developing patterns and trends in data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge / awareness of advanced security analysis including the cyber kill chain, malware analysis, memory and file system analysis, and attack vectors.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Must have or be able to attain and maintain NPPV SC Clearance.
What we’ll provide for you:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in to the latest technologies and create leading products, services and support systems to us integrate with Liberty Global and continue both companies success.
As well as this as a package we are offering:
- Salary: Circa. £45,000
- Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
- Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
- Other: Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, ability to buy/sell holiday and many more discounts across the Virgin Group.
What to do now?
If this sound like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile or for more information.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a family friendly & flexible working environment where you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.