4 months ago
Job title: Senior Account Manager
Brand: The Engineer
Reports to: Commercial Director
Direct reports: N/A
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and the Midlands. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
Purpose of Role
Principle responsibility of personally maximising revenue and market share across The Engineer digital magazine and online products. This also includes all events and any related brand extensions and print special editions. Leading by example as the most senior member of the team and acting as a number 2 to Commercial Director.
• Working towards the sales strategy alongside the rest of the team, leading by example with sales effectiveness.
• Achieving maximum revenue growth for the brand with existing key accounts and also major new clients identified by yourself or your managers.
• Be the primary revenue generator by building a rapport with key contacts in Engineering. This includes advertising and PR agencies, but first and foremost the direct clients themselves.
• Based in the London office, you will present the portfolio in regular face to face meetings with clients at external meetings directly to gain a full understanding of their business.
• Represent the Engineer at major key events nationwide and overseas.
• Reporting back to the management team on performance (KPI’s) and reporting product trends and major client feedback.
• Attention to detail with market share for key accounts is essential.
• Assisting the management team with identifying new areas for growth, including round table and summit ideas and new sponsorship opportunities based on client needs.
• Providing weekly/ monthly forecasts for your key accounts when necessary.
• Utilising Centaur resources to achieve the agreed targets.
• Writing end of week reports and forecasting in the absence of Commercial Director
• Ensuring that revenue boards are up to date, Sales Force records are accurate and pipeline is updated daily.
• Monitor competitor publications and websites to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for lead conversion.
• Identifying new business opportunities and gaps in the market, whilst also maintaining and growing accounts with current clients.
• Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
• Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
• Obtaining regular feedback from clients and media agencies.
• Aim for 1 hour 30 minutes of effective and in-depth sales calls per day when you are in the office.
• Meeting the agreed number of client in your client base (minimum. 8-12 meetings a month) and identifying new clients.
• Ensuring maximum revenue at maximum yield is achieved across print, digital and bespoke solutions
• Increasing market share of the Engineer in both print and digital
• Cross selling and up-selling where possible.
• Negotiating with customers and media agencies.
• Identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features.
• Working to agreed targets and maintaining revenue records.
• Working with the sales team and central services to ensure that your key accounts are receiving the best possible response to their campaigns.
• Working to set targets with an individual client list in order to lead by example.
Key Skills & Knowledge
• Senior sales and business development experience.
• In-depth knowledge of face-to-face selling and dynamic networking as a brand ambassador.
• Excellent experience in and understanding of online and print publishing.
• Experience of identifying new revenue streams and championing them.
• Experience of selling bespoke online solutions.
• Sponsorship and event sales experience.
• Flexible, mature and creative attitude.
• Experience and knowledge of the industry.
• Change and project management
• Field sales experience.
Energy & drive