4 months ago
Senior Advertising Manager
Job Number: 7081
Location: Dixons Carphone, Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
As the Senior Advertising Manager you’ll work alongside the Head of Advertising to manage the advertising for Currys PC World. The Senior Advertising Manager will own the short term advertising plan to include media, creative and budget working closely with the advertising team as well as marketing and commercial functions
* Lead a team of 3, ensuring the team are delivering plans to the best possible standard.
* Work closely with senior stakeholders, particularly within Category Marketing teams, ensuring that all products ranges are included in advertising plans.
* To take responsibility for advertising budget including supplier funding
* To approve all SF briefs and deputise on all major briefs
* To represent / support ad team at key meetings
* To support Category Marketing teams
* To approve all creative and media plans
* To own the day-to-day agency media planning and creative production relationships
* To own media laydowns to ensure best practice across channels and avoid clashes
* To manage expectations and relationships of key internal stakeholders across marketing and commercial teams inc HoCs and Cat Ds
* To always look at better ways to manage the work and the teams (including agencies)
* To look at results and how they can influence future work
* To critique and challenge creative ideas and media plans
Experience & skills required
* Proven line management experience
* The ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationship is essential
* Experience working with the retail industry is also an advantage, but not a necessity
* Strong understanding of media, creative and brand
* Ability to manage and influence
* Strong financial management
* Desire to do the best job possible
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to develop and implement new ways of working
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.