7 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Group Connected Apps team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As Analyst, you will work closely with other domain analysts (both Business & Technical), technical leadsarchitects, and software delivery teams across all of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering, Group TV and Digital Platforms (TVDP), and the other Technology divisions.
- Have investigation skills and understandinganalysing the technical implementation to interpret the incidents and technical debt cards
- Work closely on production incidents issues and make sure all partners are communicated well for resolution of incident.
- Be able to understand the incident propose solutions and work with the other analysts in the team to understand the requirements
- Have ownership of the requirement analysis process for particular work items taken into the Reliability roadmap from initiation, engagement with partners during this period to ensure implementation and scope are in-line with wider business
- Facilitate of workshops with Architects, Product Owners and Developers to ratify the feasibility and desirability of solutions designed across the wider business
- Facilitate of estimation sessions with multiple development teams and Product partners to obtain both high-level ROM estimates, as well as committed low-level estimates
- Have documentation to track the timeline of deliveries from Reliability to major regular releases.
- Understanding of the technical implementation of a particular story and the expected customer experience to be achieved, be able to present the technical details to non-technical audience
- Be highly available for ad-hoc questionsqueries and support development teams during development cycle
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and documenting requirements for delivery into Agile teams and translating these into technical solutions
- To be able to work under high pressure deadlines for production issues
- Knowledge and experience of software development is an added advantage.
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of preparing user stories & accompanying documentation for client application development across MobilePCMACConsole platforms
- Good understanding of the inter-relationships between different technical areas and business areas
- Deep understanding and delivery experience of building web & mobile distributed applications, ideally in IT, Media and Telecoms industries
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about