about 1 month ago
Job Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Reporting to: Head of European Risk
Based: Glen House, Hammersmith
Liberis is a leading alternative finance provider offering simple, flexible and transparent funding to help small businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established in 2007, in a space where traditional banking and loan models were unable to meet the needs of UK businesses, we provide finance based on business potential, not just credit history. Through our Business Cash Advance, we link repayments directly to cash flow - so businesses only repay us when their customers pay them!
To date Liberis has helped over 11,000 businesses and advanced over £340m in funding. We’re striving to support an estimated 100,000 jobs by 2020, and each and every role at Liberis plays a huge part in supporting this.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
The Liberis family sits across two UK offices and around 130 people – and we’re growing significantly month-on-month! We have now expanded to the USA, as well as three European countries, with more coming soon.
With our staff at the very heart of what we do, we’re dedicated to fostering a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. Not to mention our active commitment to mental well-being and employee diversity in the workplace; encouraging applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion or background.
Earlier this year we were also formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place our the 128 top ranked organisations.
* Responsible for managing the risk aspects of our launch into Europe as well as managing losses across our European footprint.
* Deliver insights and optimisation of our risk performance and applying this to all of Liberis’s existing and new products in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
* Support Liberis’s rapid growth and expansion to new markets/products by delivering risk management policies and processes that support this.
* Require close collaboration with colleagues across Liberis, especially in the Analytics, Data Science, Partnerships and UK/European teams
* An evolving role that will grow and adapt to the business and personal development needs
* Ability to drive forward initiatives especially in a rapidly evolving environment
* Working within a small “virtual team” to deliver required functionality in new geographies
* Demonstrated ability to drive high-quality analysis, with robust understanding of how this will be used practically
* Willingness and ability to do hands-on work using a range of data sources and analytical tools
* A collaborative mindset and willingness to work with a wide range of teams
* Exceptional Excel skills, with proficiency in SQL
* Ability to convey complex findings in a logical and easy-to-understand style
* Turns rigorous analysis into clear, reasoned recommendations
* Ability to refocus as needed to support a rapidly growing and evolving company
What we offer in return
* An exciting and vibrant company culture
* A performance-related bonus
* 25 days holiday entitlement with an additional 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
* Excellent company benefits including pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others