3 months ago
Senior Analyst, Technical Reporting – London
Senior Analyst, Technical Reporting – London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Analyst, Technical Reporting where you will be part of the Reporting team based in London.
The job purpose is to assist in monthly technical reporting within the Technical Accounting team covering the Ring Fenced Bank wholesale activities for the Santander UK plc Group. The role will include hands on involvement monthly reporting for hedging and other technical accounting area. The Technical Accounting team has primary responsibility for the documentation and maintenance of hedge accounting relationships including the posting of hedge accounting entries to the general ledger.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Analyst, Technical Reporting your main responsibilities will be
* Assist with the preparation of hedge accounting adjustments, including hedge effectiveness testing
* Calculate the legal entity split of CVA and DVA and communicate the results to legal entity accountants
* Review changes in “hedge accounting” related account mappings for oversight and control purposes
* Assist with the preparation of hedging derivatives reclassification journals, including clearing all validation checks through active collaboration with Group Reporting and Treasury Accounting teams
* Perform reporting pack reconciliations at ANTS, SAN UK legal entity and SAN UK Group level (including review of reporting packs submitted by other entities) to ensure reporting accuracy and investigate any discrepancies
* Responsible for the timely submission of hedge reports to Madrid with fully reconciled “hedge accounting” related numbers and act as key point of contact for any queries from Madrid Hedging team
* Prepare monthly summary of all Fair Value Hedge (FVH) and Cashflow Hedge (CFH) Adjustments – split by hedging categories, to enhance the Account Ownership Reconciliation Process (AORP)
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Qualified accountant with experience in a Financial Services industry.( ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of Treasury Products, including Loans and deposits, Derivatives, Interest Rate, Inflation, Cross currency, Equity linked, Bonds, corporate and government
* Strong knowledge and experience of accounting for financial instruments, including detailed knowledge and understanding of IAS32, IFRS 9, and the IAS39 hedge accounting rules
* Attention to detail, diligent, proactive and able to work independently, be a team player
* Proficient excel user
Salary - £50,000 - £54,999
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.