3 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
We are looking for a highly-skilled and driven Senior Big Data Engineer with a history of building and leading a big data product. Someone who fosters a culture of high quality and innovation using new capabilities to drive the release of resilient, robust and performant solutions, to help us build a global platform that will form a backbone of American Express’s regulatory compliance landscape. We are building a reporting product using modern Technology and we need someone who can help us evolve our thinking and engineering to ensure that our platform grows in a sustainable way, delivering business value faster and adapting rapidly to change.
Joining the UK-based Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering and Regulatory Reporting Technologies team, this role will be focused on the delivery of innovative solutions to satisfy the needs of our business – as an agile team we work closely with our business partners to understand what they require, and we strive to continuously improve as a team - we all have a role in accelerating our delivery of high quality reliable and resilient code, and as a Senior Engineer you have the opportunity to look at the bigger picture and steer the team in the right direction, being cognisant of developments in the wider enterprise.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse team within a diverse organisation with fantastic scope for career progression, either technical or people focused. You will have a chance to work in a vibrant campus that has, over the last few years, brought together a range of highly skilled technical people covering every level of experience and a real variety of backgrounds. You will be able to help decide what technologies are used – we embrace innovation both in our day to day work and through events such as hackathons and internal tech conferences.
The Role Will Require:
To collaborate with Business Partners to determine functional requirements and architecture dependencies.
Lead technical solution design to meet business requirements.
Lead agile project teams in technical issue resolution in line with company and platform strategic direction.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Strong knowledge on Java, Big Data Technology Stack Hadoop (MAPR), Spark, Python and Hive.
* Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and design patterns.
* Good knowledge about build tools like Ant/Maven.
* Good knowledge about the configuration management tools like SVN/CVS/Github.
* Strong analytical and problem solving aptitude.
* Good communication skills and team work.
* Understanding of various SDLC methodologies particularly Agile.
* Open-minded and passionate about learning new technologies.
* Suggest and recommend solution architecture to resolve business problems.
* Perform code review and lead technical discussions with the team on best solutions possible.
* Capable to work as the Technical subject expert.
Good to Have:
* Advanced Visualization using Tableau/D3/QlikView
* Knowledge of Apache Lucene based search engines like Apache Solr and Elastic Search/HBase.
* Published White Paper and technology writeups.
* Experience of leading and being the coach for Team members.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 10:13:56 AM