4 months ago
Senior Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager – Milton Keynes
Senior Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager – Milton Keynes
South East England
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
The Brand & Marketing Strategy team is responsible for setting the UK brand strategy and the strategic direction for Marketing.
The team is tasked with defining and monitoring our Marketing strategy ensuring all our activities (planning and evaluation, sponsorship and events, advertising and merchandising, brand and sustainability and marketing operations) consistently deliver against our purpose and contribute to our defined business goals.
In addition the team are required to work with the business to embed our brand positioning across customer experience design and new product development, as well as with the wider Marketing team to ensure it is embedded in our communications.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Leading the Brand & Marketing Strategy team and together defining the longer term Marketing strategy for the UK business.
* Leveraging customer insight and a clear understanding of the bank’s strategic objectives to inform the strategy, in order to deliver on Santander’s brand purpose. This will involve working with colleagues across the UK and the Santander Group, and partner agencies.
* Monitoring implementation of the strategy across our marketing and sustainability activities, assessing effectiveness and evolving based on learnings. Ultimately ensuring we are delivering innovative and effective marketing activities and sustainability programmes that deliver on Santander’s brand purpose.
* Managing multiple stakeholders to ensure the business culture is aligned to the brand purpose, and its guiding principles.
* Helping the business to understand how to use the brand strategy in its decision making processes, so that our purpose is embedded in our business and operations.
* Providing regular updates to Santander Group colleagues, sharing best practice and leveraging shared insights.
* Ensuring the marketing strategy is achievable within available budgetary parameters, working with colleagues focusing on budget management.
* Working closely with the Marketing leadership team to support the transformation of the Marketing function, leveraging digital technologies and new ways of working to drive innovation and best practices.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Expert in brand and marketing strategy and ability to use this knowledge to inform the wider marketing strategy, ideally applied in the financial services industry or equivalent complex service businesses. Comfortable with brand meaning systems and applying these to real life business situations.
* Must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the customer and key drivers of customer behaviour, with a strong background in interpreting research findings to support customer centric decision making.
* Sound understanding of changes in digital technology and how these create opportunities to refine targeting and to deliver more effective plans, content and reporting.
* Strong interpersonal skills – persuades and influences others, using a range of approaches, to achieve deliverables and the ability to build collaborative relationships across the business to ExCo and Board level.
* Experience of leading teams, capable of leading through change and promoting new ways of working.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.