3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This is an opportunity for a senior analyst to grow their skillset and career by gaining direct and hands-on experience of the interplay between scope, architecture, delivery management and governance that is required to make successful delivery happen.
- Build collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders across business, operational and delivery areas as a ‘trusted advisor’.
- Build collaborative and close relationships with Enterprise Architects and Delivery Managers within the group, to ensure alignment across scope, architecture, governance and plans in all initiatives you work on.
- Facilitate and drive senior stakeholders to succinctly define and baseline the overall scope for strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with business case, architectural and operational objectives.
- Work with architects and commercial teams to define and negotiate the functionality to be delivered by third party suppliers, in commercial agreements.
- Provide structure to the end-to-end analysis, scoping and planning approach and ways of working for complex programmes.
- Importantly, you will have a pragmatic result - and delivery- oriented mindset, with experience co-ordinating technology and operational analysis on cross-enterprise initiatives, ideally in the telecommunications domain but this domain experience is not essential.
- Skills as a brilliant communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- Vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity and multiple stakeholders, being able to influence others without direct authority.
- Experience as an amazing facilitator who can resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- You will be comfortable in quickly grasping and managing ideas in both familiar and unfamiliar domains, and you will be able to use your business acumen and understanding of Sky’s strategic objectives to prioritise and shape these ideas to start forming delivery scope.
- You will be able to understand and incorporate financial, architectural, operational and programme governance principles into your analysis work.
- Finally, we want you to be excited by delivery: someone who is keen to hone and improve their existing skills providing analysis to support delivery of software, network, and operational change at scale, both within an organisation and through third parties
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about