10 months ago
Senior Business Analyst- Data & Analytics/ AI
Technology & Innovation
Salary: Circa £60,000 plus 15% bonus, 25 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and virgin group discounts
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst- Data & Analytics and AI Team
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Salary: Circa £60,000 plus 15% bonus and core package
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our Global Delivery Organisation Team as we expand our network across the UK. This role sits within our Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence department; you will become a key influence across a number of different stakeholders across UK and Europe. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
So why Virgin Media?
We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
We also have a really unique way of working with our parent company Liberty Global, especially in our Technology and Innovation function. The exposure and career opportunities here are even better than before!
What is the job?
As a Senior Business Analyst here at Virgin Media you will work independently to determine and deliver expert business analysis activities and deliverables for large size and complex Business Change projects or programmes. The role will work closely with the business stakeholders in order to understand strategic business objectives and to support the delivery of solutions to meet business needs.
Our Team look to Senior Business Analyst to lead on the end to end analysis across large programmes, you will have the ability to shape and scope programme governance as well plan and schedule resources. As a Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes. This is through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. The role also applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
* Full responsibility for the Business Analysis within a project, programme or work stream. The advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the effective delivery of the project, programme or work stream.
* Capture and gain agreement of the business goals and objectives driving the need for the project, programme or work stream.
* Plan the analysis approach on a project, programme or work stream. Identifies the deliverables needed and provides resource and milestone estimates.
* Engage with senior stakeholders in multiple business areas to scope business needs and promote business analysis capability.
* Accountable for the elicitation and analysis of complex high level and detailed requirements.
* Producing requirements documentation to a high standard that meet stakeholder needs, using requirements modelling techniques as appropriate.
* Managing the requirements throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring effective scope control and ensuring solution compliance to requirements is tracked through to implementation.
* Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change projects, programmes or work streams.
* Work with the Business Readiness Manager to identify the need for updates to existing processes and introduction of new business processes.
Are you right for the role?
* Significant experience of business analysis in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment.
* Successful delivery of complex business change projects from start up to implementation. Projects to have been sponsored by a range of different business functions.
* Demonstrate excellent knowledge and practical experience with a variety of Business Analysis tools and techniques.
* Experience of defining analysis approach on a project and planning the Business Analysis work stream including identification of tasks, estimating resources and milestones.
* Excellent management of stakeholder relationships.
* Proven strong communication and influencing skills.
* Strong problem solving and conflict management techniques.
* Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively.
* Degree (Business or IT preferred) or equivalent qualification
* ISEB Business Analysis Diploma, IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), IIBA Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or equivalent.
* Experience of working in a telecoms or media services organisation
* Experience of working on projects that deliver new products to market within predetermined timescales.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a family friendly & flexible working environment where you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.