10 months ago
Senior Campaign Planning and Delivery Manager
London - West
Salary: To £55,000 per annum, 15% annual bonus and other great benefits
Senior Campaign Planning and Delivery Manager
London, Hammersmith - W6 8BS
To £55,000 per annum, 15% annual bonus and other great benefits
This role has been created as part of the significant investment Virgin Media is making into its data, CRM and analytics function in 2018, where we are dramatically expanding the team in order to further tap in to our extensive, rich datasets.
Our campaign operations department is responsible for the planning and delivery of DM, email and outbound campaigns, as well as for digital targeting, personalisation and to develop new and improved CRM systems and processes.
You’ll build and maintain the overall delivery plan for Insight Ops activities including: marketing campaigns, technology changes, agency activities, key business programmes and projects, resource plans.
Team background: Insight Operations completes all the data-related marketing activities for customers and prospects, delivering data for email/direct mail/outbound calls, sending SMSs, and with increasing involvement in the end-to- end email send process and coordination with Digital and social media targeting. As such, there is a myriad of timelines, projects, technical developments and BAU activities that require coordination
* Builds, maintains and monitors the overall delivery plan for Insight Operations, incorporating necessary details from input plans provided from own team, other teams and departments, projects, outside agencies etc. Likely to be versions covering 1/3/6/ 12 months ahead for approval/sign off with Head of Insight Operations.
* Provides regular updates on progress/statuses/risks and issues connected to the plan and tracks agreed actions
* Works and coordinates closely with internal team leads of Insight Operations, Head of Insight Operations, and a wide network external to the team (in and outside of VM) to collate and distribute tasks and updates.
* Communicates the plan - and options - to different stakeholder groups, in appropriate formats and at required level of detail. Moves between technical task lists and plans for certain small-scale trials through to strategic quarter by quarter views with ease.
* Simulates different versions of the delivery plan to present delivery options and recommendations with reasons
* Liaises with influencers and contributors to the plan to keep it up-to-date and foresee potential changes
* Supports management and team in completion of certain team tasks, particularly relating to commercial agreements and contracts, security and DP and legal approvals. Personally responsible for delivery in certain defined areas.
* Provides detailed structure and coordination around key deliverables to make the team’s contribution more effective and coordinated e.g. for launching new technical capabilities, delivering key campaigns.
* Develops knowledge bank of key business processes across the company (in a format that can be shared with other team members)
* Gathers, interprets, clarifies and shares information on different activities - building team knowledge, sometimes from no existing base.
What we’re ideally looking for
* Excellent organisation and planning skills
* Ability to multi-task and be flexible
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills, comfortable at working at all levels, and through face-to-face/webex/conference calls/email.
* Ability to absorb information on new activities, rapidly providing structure and next steps, based on best practice and experience
* Self-starter, willing to search for contacts and information across a large business
* Consulting skills are developed to core level.
* Good knowledge of data processing compliance and operational integrity processes
* Understanding and interest in direct and digital marketing processes and databases to understand the team’s activities
* Well-developed business acumen with ability to help shape business requirements and make commercial judgements
Technical skills we’re looking for
* Good knowledge of database marketing and appropriate use of data, including, regulatory and legal issues
* Project management qualification (e.g. Prince2) and industry recognised accreditation is desirable (e.g. IDM). Needs experience of developing and maintaining delivery plans as a minimum and knowledge of project management best practice.
* Good knowledge of marketing processes and terminology
* A core grounding in databases and data processing is an advantage (to support planning and delivery within the role)
Required critical behaviours
* Able to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes.
* Self starter but able to work constructively and collaboratively within a team as well as independently.
* Strong attention to detail in a high pressure, sometimes regulated, environment
* Understands commercial ‘big picture’ and Insight Operation’s role in that to influence decisions taken
We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options