9 months ago
Senior Content Designer
* Bristol or Swindon base location
* Base salary of £42,000 - £61,000 + great Benefits!
* Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
A bit about our Digital Experience Design team
It’s an exciting time here at Nationwide Digital. We’re on a journey to evolve our digital services so that we can be there for our members as and when they need us. whether you're based at our talented Digital Experience Design Studio in Bristol and our fast paced, 'Agile' Head Office in Swindon, that means understanding the needs of our users - inside out - and coming up with smart ways to make things simpler, easier and better for them.
That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in…
Who we're looking for
You’ll focus obsessively on our members and be infectiously passionate about content, UX, insight and all things digital. Your softer skills are super important too.
We’re looking for someone with:
* Significant experience of researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences as part of multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
* An impressive portfolio, showing examples of content design and user-centric copywriting (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
* Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and coming up with creative ways to them on board, flying the flag for Content Design.
* An insightful approach and the ability to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems pragmatically. You’ll use data to inform yourself and others and find the best way forward.
* Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
If you have any of the following, even better:
* A passion for readability, comprehension and accessibility.
* Experience of creating strategies, conducting research and insight gathering activities.
If this sound like you, we'd love to hear from you...
What you'll be doing
Joining us as a Senior Content Designer, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading content design for one of our digital channels. This might mean shaping a content strategy for one of our Agile Hubs or immersing yourself in insight to get to know our members better and create easy-to-understand, beautifully effective content. Research, analytics, insight, testing. You’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and actions then creating compelling narratives that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded design talents in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, collaboration and solving problems pragmatically as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.