5 months ago
Senior Corporate Credit Analyst, TMT – London
Senior Corporate Credit Analyst, TMT – London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Corporate Credit Analyst to join our Triton Square offices, in London.
As the Senior Corporate Credit Analyst you will be involved with the analysis and credit rating of multinational and UK corporate clients across TMT within the perimeter of Santander Corporate & Investment Banking (SCIB) in the UK.
The Corporate Credit Risk team is the local representative of HO Credit Risk, and is instrumental in transmitting and implementing the local and the group best practices, credit policies, procedures and risk appetite in SCIB UK.
The Senior Corporate Credit Analyst requires self-management of workflows as well as strong interaction and good communication with the front office, senior management and HO. The post holder needs to ensure that transactions and limits are established with a high level of quality during the analysis process and that approval deadlines, which are often very tight, are met as far as possible.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Corporate Credit Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Conducting a comprehensive assessment of new lending proposals, annual reviews and waiver requests; ensuring that all risks are identified and making a judgement as to their acceptability, in a timely fashion, followed by a suitable recommendation to the appropriate approval authority.
* Ownership of processes where applicable. Monitoring progress against plan with the rest of the team; flagging missed milestones and development dependencies that are contributing to delays to the Manager.
* Taking a proactive role in communication to key stakeholders, maintaining an awareness of the integration plans of the businesses and flag inconsistencies, conflicts and potential resource constraints both internally to the Manager as well as directly to stakeholders.
* Operating with Senior Management levels across the business. Participating in decision making, committees and support to the Manager. Exposure to senior management through business initiatives, forums and committees.
* Providing technical expertise to team members. Ensuring alignment to the Group risk policies.
Minimum skills and experience required
* A demonstrable track record in large corporates risk analysis.
* Strong skills in communication, both orally and written form, in a confident, articulate, structured and coherent manner.
* A good working knowledge of Financial Analysis.
* Exposure to managing complex deals.
* A good understanding of the various trading products.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.