3 months ago
Senior Creative Copywriter
Job Number: 19905
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
The Assistant Creative Copywriting Manager’s role is to make sure that, in every channel, our copy and editorial meets our high standards. We speak in one voice, championing the customer, and constantly exploring new ways to improve their interaction with our brand.
You’ll take the lead in the more creative projects in our work calendar. You’ll also help manage the workload of several specialist copywriters. And you’ll collaborate with our Currys and Carphone CRM team, our e-commerce, advertising and content teams to create imaginative concepts and copy that will really resonate with our audience.
It’s a wide and varied role that could see you doing everything from brainstorming a new campaign for one of our retail operations, writing our emails and websites, creating headlines for our national newspaper advertising, to working with our web team to refine the UX of our website.
* Write effective, engaging, stunning copy in line with required briefs
* Create copy for a broad range of stakeholders and projects from all areas of the business
* Be able to edit and improve existing communications using our brand tone of voice
* Act as a tone of voice guardian within the business to provide guidance across all copy communications
* Conduct tone of voice training sessions with all relevant new starters
* Work with our production team to allocate copy jobs to writers
* Deputise for the Senior Manager when needed. Attend meetings and brainstorms in their absence
* Supervise and coach copywriting colleagues.
* Work with senior manager and assistant editorial content manager to refine team processes
* Proven experience in a copywriter role either inhouse, media side or agency
* Experience working with a retail or technology brand in a creative capacity desirable
* Experience running or creating content for blogs desirable
* Experience managing or supervising other writers desirable
* Experience working in an Agile environment desirable
* SEO experience desirable
* Experience of using CMS programmes including Word Press desirable
* Experience of analytic tools like Google Analytics & Adobe Omniture desirable
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.