about 1 month ago
Senior Credit Risk Analyst – Milton Keynes
Senior Credit Risk Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
Our Unsecured Credit Risk area have a number of opportunities available for Senior Credit Risk Analysts to join their growing team based in Milton Keynes.
Risk is now firmly at the heart of every single financial services company, and that's where you'll be if you join the team as a Credit Risk Analyst. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK leading challenger banks is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills. It's a great place to advance your career.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Unsecured your main responsibilities will be
* Building upon your existing experience, solving complex business problems to help the bank develop appropriate credit risk management strategies, driving forward practical value based solutions.
* Providing Senior Managers across the bank with insight into business performance and future potential.
* Taking accountability for an area of credit policy, monitoring performance, clearly communicating issues, developing and recommending changes where appropriate.
* Challenging proposals and decisions that conflict with sound, value based credit portfolio management.
* Ensuring that strong links are maintained between Risk and other key business areas.
Minimum skills and experience required
* You'll need to be comfortable with numbers so a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a discipline involving numeracy is desirable, as is experience in analysing data using statistical packages.
* Experience programming in SAS, SQL, or a similar programming language.
* General awareness of credit industry products and markets, credit risk experience is also desirable but similar experience gained within a risk department in other firms such as utilities and/or telecoms companies would also be welcomed.
* Comfortable with delivering complex analysis.
* You’ll also need to have strong communication, relationship and influencing skills with the ability to explain the results of complex analysis to a non-technical audience and have the confidence to bring change in areas out of your control.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below. Or for more support in finding out about future roles that match what you're looking for register your details with the internal resourcing team here.
Note that we continuously review applications when made so you don’t have to wait for the closing date to apply.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.