about 1 month ago
Up to £55,000 dependent on experience
Category: Analysis Jobs
Due to continued growth we’re looking to hire a Senior Business Data Analyst to join our Data Services Team.
The person in the role will;
• Work with the business to understand the use of data within processes and systems
• Understand and document the user experience and customer journeys
• Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and automation
• Assist in data evaluation and cataloguing exercises
• Represent the Data Services team in cross functional / strategical projects
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in data management, data security and data governance including GDPR
• Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
• Perform change and impact assessments
• Provide input on the design and maintenance of standard data dashboards, graphics and visuals that provide meaningful business insight
• Champion Data Services in all internal interactions with the business and work to ensure that all decisions concerning data are compliant and aligned to strategy
Significant experience working as Business Analyst or Data Analyst
• Has hands on experience of a large scale and complex data migration or data transition project
• Has hands on experience of high value strategic projects designed to increase efficiency / reduce costs / provide better customer outcomes
• Hands on experience working on transformational projects where data insight has been routinely relied upon to make key business decisions
• Familiar with data warehousing and data modelling techniques
• Proven ability to write clear use cases and user stories and capture business needs
• Can articulate and present technical user requirements to technology teams
• Can articulate and present business problems and solutions to non-technical teams as well as senior managers
• Has the ability to identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and decisions during a project lifecycle
• Understands project governance frameworks
• Familiar with Agile methodology
• Health Insurance, General Insurance or Financial Services background
• Process mapping / value stream mapping / lean practitioner
• Knowledge of cloud computing products and principles
• Knowledge of Azure, SQL, Python, SAS, SAP, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or Salesforce
• Has worked in an Operational Excellence or Business Change role
• Analytical thinker that is driven to complete tasks on time and to a high standard
• Has the ability to prioritise and is comm
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand, a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA PPP healthcare is leading the way to better health. We’re one of the UK's largest and most experienced private medical insurance providers, and we’ve been helping people access the medical care they need, when and where they need it, for over 70 years now.
What We Offer
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.