3 months ago
We are recruiting a Data Engineer with experience in Azure to assist in developing and expanding Axa Insurance data platforms. We are looking for someone with a proven ability in cloud technologies. You will have a background and understanding in manipulating data and be motivated to develop these skills further. This is a role that will utilise your capabilities and you will join a supportive team that encourages the learning process.
The setting will be varied and encompasses both established and recent technologies, as the department progresses onto a Microsoft Azure foundation, which will be your primary environment.
This is a hands-on technical role to develop, support and improve AXA Insurance UK data solutions under the guidance of team leads and architects. Some of the responsibilities of the role are:
* Developing solutions in line with agreed requirements and design approach, on any or all parts of data pipelines downstream from source systems (solutions to include: changes to existing data feeds, creation of new data models and processes for data provision etc.)
* Unit testing of own work and support of formal UAT
* Peer review of development completed by other Engineers
* Contribution to design and estimation sessions led by the Architecture team
* Increasing the capability of the Engineering team through knowledge-sharing and cross-skilling.
We are looking for individuals who have the following background:
* Proven track record of using Azure data solution tools and implementation principles.
* Experienced engineer with Data Factory/DataBricks/PySpark skillsets
* An understanding of the development lifecycle (e.g. dev, unit test, system test, UAT, etc.)
* Experience of using code repositories and version control (ideally Git)
* Knowledge of ETL development suites e.g. Microsoft SSIS or Informatica
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Understanding of the DevOps philosophy and knowledge of database schemas and 1 or more flavours of SQL - scripts, stored procedures, functions, indexes, constraints etc. would be a bonus.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA IT enables AXA UK businesses to perform brilliantly. How? By making sure that our IT and communications infrastructure is the best it can be. By giving AXA people the tools and technology they need to do their jobs brilliantly. By ensuring that we are fast to adapt to rapid change and quick to embrace technological innovations.
What We Offer
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and ability to purchase extra days
* Significant career and personal development opportunities through formal and informal training
* 50% off Pure gym membership
* 20% off EE phone contracts
* Flexible working
* Flexible benefits scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.