3 months ago
Senior Database Marketing Executive, 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate is one of the fastest growing media companies in the UK. With over 80 brands across multiple platforms, notably print, digital and televisison. Our portfolio covers a range of different special interest markets including wholly owned brands such as: Radio Times, BBC Good Food, olive and Homes & Antiques, Focus and You & Your Wedding, alongside a large Cycling and Craft portfolio. We publish Top Gear on behalf of BBC Studios as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World, Disney and CBeebies under licence. Leading digital brands such as Hitched.co.uk and MadeForMums.com are also a core part of our product portfolio.
Digital is very much in our DNA and we believe our cross media approach and digital heritage distinguishes us in the market. Our world-class online publishing delivers value to consumers, brand marketeers and retailers. This means that Immediate can integrate not only traditional web and print, but also a range of solutions across tablet and mobile social platforms. Our approach is brand-led so that each brand develops the best strategy to extend opportunities across all platforms.
Understand and translate requirements of Immediate Media marketing teams, to deliver the most relevant data at the right time to support direct to consumer marketing campaigns.
* Manage the campaign schedule ensuring that campaign briefs are submitted on time
* Liaise with marketing teams to ensure the most relevant data is selected for each campaign, developing the initial brief collaboratively to maximise the success of each campaign
* Manage the campaign build and extract process using Faststats to run campaign selections
* Deliver data to SFTP or load to Email Service Provider (ESP) where applicable
* Assist teams with email set up, the selection of appropriate suppression lists and unsubscribe links
* Contribute to the evolution of our CRM capability, adopting new approaches and technology as things change
* Run data selections to provide teams with count requests
* Act as a port of call for routine customer database queries
* Review campaign reports and deliver to key stakeholders
* Analyse campaign reports and make recommendations to teams to inform targeted campaign planning
* Use knowledge of Faststats and ESP capabilities to assist manager with implementation of new and innovative approaches to campaigning including but not limited to trigger based communications, muti-stage and muti-channel customer journeys, and the use of dynamic content
Data Protection Compliance
* Work with the Data Protection Officer, acting as a point of reference for data protection queries
* Check data protection and data capture statements and processes where required
* Work with manager to communicate changes in legislation and company processes
* Provide administrative support as required
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Organisation & Management - Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
* Team Player - Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn’t work in an isolated way. Encourages input from others. Bounces ideas off other people. Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
* Analytical Thinking - Understands complex and difficult situations and develop an accurate assessment of what needs to be done. Identifies cause and effect chains. Uses analytical techniques to resolve different priorities. Undertakes a thorough analysis of problems. Breaks things down in to component parts. Excellent attention to detail.
* Experience working with CRM systems such as Faststats to select data for campaign extracts
* Experience in building data selections and extracts for direct marketing campaigns, using Faststats or similar CRM tool.
* Experience using ESPs and Microsoft Access, and advanced skills in Excel a bonus although not essential
* Knowledge of the Data Protection Act