7 months ago
An opportunity has arisen within the Print Team in the Creative Suite for an Art Director working across Print and Digital, cross-brand (Heat, Closer, Yours, Q, MOJO, Empire). The role will be responsible for all visual content of the brands’ advertorials, promotions and sponsorships, from initial shoot/design concept through to the final printed product with the overall aim to maintain the brands’ competitive advantage by continual design innovation.
The role is positioned at Academic House and will report into the Head of Print titles.
What you’ll do:
Advertorials, sponsorships and promotions:
* Shoot/Design advertorials for heat, Closer, music and women’s specialist titles
* Working closely with the ideation team to agree on concepts for all commercial activity going into the brands
* Interpret clients’ brief in order to meet their objectives
* Image research from online libraries.
* Attend photo shoots. Select photographer, make up artists, stylist & Illustrators with the Senior Creative Producer
* Work to an agreed budget.
* Any other reasonable tasks required by your line manager
* Adhere to editorial guidelines in all work produced and manage clients’ expectations
* Work closely with editor to ensure design of activity is in sync with overall goals
* Work closely with production team to ensure overall production standards are maintained
* Manage deadlines and schedules
* Liaise with clients about proofs, amendments and changes to the advertorials
* Get sign-off on all advertorials from editorial
* Upload approved pages to censhare
* Design online advertorials, competitions and galleries and submit to live site using CMS
* Design html emails for women’s specialist titles
* Contribute creatively to online concepts and ideas from the sales team
* Create visuals and mock ups for use by sales teams in their pitches.
* Produce up to date media packs
* Attend sales pitches when appropriate to ensure understanding of clients’ objectives.
* Be a constant source of visual ideas to complement features.
* Brainstorming with the Ideation team.
* Producing promotional material for editorial/marketing events where required
* Subject to agreement with manager, booking and managing freelance designers were necessary.
* Work late when necessary to meet deadlines.
What does success look like?
The best designed advertorial and promotions which:
* Meet client’s objectives
* Fit in with the magazine
Good, creative relationship with
* clients and their representatives
* editor and editorial
* creative solutions sales team
Smooth running department where print deadlines are met and extra reproduction or printing charges are minimised.
Running costs of department are within budget.