9 months ago
• A Senior Developer
• £42,000- £61,000 (depending on current package + experience)
• Location: Swindon
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society, the UK’s 2nd largest Mortgage provider and one of the fastest growing current account providers in the market… last year more people opened an account with the Society than with any other brand!
And we’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our digital services and deliver legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions, meeting member needs today and tomorrow…
Our Service & Design Experience team define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges, either working out of the best in-house spaces in the South West (our Bristol Design studio) or our fast paced, ‘Agile’ environment at Head Office in Swindon!
Who we're looking for
And that’s where you come in...
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Developer to join our expanding the team…
You’ll work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams of Content Designers, UX Designers, UI Designers, Delivery Leads and with other stakeholders across the business to create experiences and services that have a positive impact on our members and colleagues.
Working hand in hand with the product owner and delivery or creative leads, you’ll be responsible for scoping and shaping the development aspects of your project, interrogating the objectives of each project and fleshing out the requirements to ensure we’re developing the right things the right way. Managing multiple competing priorities, it’s vital you have excellent planning ad organisation skills. In addition, you’ll have responsibility for the execution of development tasks, managing dependencies and junior members of the team as required to deliver effectively and efficiently.
Using your expert knowledge and in-depth experience of front-end and/or back-end web technologies, we need you to carry out development activities to deliver best in class digital experiences.
What you'll be doing
Web site development doesn’t just happen. It is the result of careful and considered activity that embodies the needs of usability, accessibility, efficiency and security. That’s why we look for people who put the needs of our customers first in everything they do.
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Be proficient in a variety of front-end and/or back-end technologies
• Be experienced in developing for multi-platforms/devices and a solid understanding of all industry standard browser technologies
• Have proven experience of developing to W3C standards (including accessibility); in depth understanding of web development best practices and a good understanding of web usability best practices
• Have proven experience in successful management and delivery of the development elements of small to medium sized projects
• Development using Visual Studio, TFS & GIT and familiarity with containers, CI/CD and issue management tools
• Experience of working in agile and DevOps environments
• Experience of developing progressively enhanced, responsive web sites
• Experience of using a wide range of testing approaches to continuously validate your work
• An understanding of design patterns and best practice to build scalable, maintainable and efficient applications
• Experience of mentoring and supporting your colleagues, whether one-to-one or in groups