2 months ago
The Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) leverages the expertise, reach and reputation of Thomson Reuters, the world’s largest provider of news and information, to run four world class programmes that inform, connect and empower citizens, civil society, governments and businesses to build a fairer more prosperous world.
* TrustLaw. Our global pro bono legal programme connects thousands of NGOs and social enterprises with the world’s leading law firms and corporate legal teams to carry out pioneering legal research and create social and environmental change.
* Media Development. Our media development programme supports the evolution of independent media around the world, implementing initiatives ranging from the creation of sustainable, independent news platforms to a wide range of skills and capacity building projects. Media development programme is also building a variety of online training courses to promote high standards in journalism worldwide.
* Trust Conference is the annual human rights forum convening leaders from the worlds of activism, civil society, law, government and business in the heart of London for two full days of inspiration, networking, and action.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Digital Manager to expand the Foundation’s digital output, reach and engagement, and to enhance user experience across all digital channels.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader able to quickly build trust and drive innovation and reforms in a multi-functional decentralised environment.
The candidate will have strong understanding of online news consumption, digital marketing, and online community building and a track record in driving growth on social, mobile, web and emerging platforms, using audience insight, creativity, and digital innovation.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of an innovative digital strategy leading to growth and enhanced user experience.
* Develop and drive an ambitious digital strategy to expand the Foundation’s reach and engagement across all digital channels, enhance user experience and strengthen brand awareness of the Thomson Reuters Foundation and its digital properties.
* Determine and agree KPIs to continually measure and evaluate the success of our digital channels and campaigns.
* Manage campaigns for defined projects throughout the year including events, email marketing, editorial packages, and program activities
* Working closely with the multimedia team to organise our podcast and video channels on 3rd party platform such as youtube, vimeo, soundcloud or spotify.
* Use data and data analysis tools to enhance decision-making, and ensure digital insights are articulated meaningfully and shared with different stakeholders with the overall goal of instilling a data-driven culture across the organization aimed at content excellence.
* Drive and manage the Foundation’s Digital team which comprises of a group of dynamic digital producers, digital reporter/s and data analyst/s.
* Ensure that the Foundation’s overall digital output is optimised for digital and mobile consumption. This includes setting formats, working on SEO optimization, research new trends, tools and platforms, analyse performance and adjust output accordingly.
* Work closely with the Director of Communications, the Editor-in-Chief, the Director of Strategy and Impact and the Executive Producer to ensure smooth collaboration and seamless implementation of digital strategies in alignment with the Foundation’s brand proposition.
Required experience and skills
* Proven ability to achieve sustainable customer-focussed digital growth across multiple channels.
* Proven leadership skills in driving innovation, business transformation, positive collaboration, and shared ownership.
* Knowledge of digital business processes, tools, channels, platforms. Familiarity with the latest trends.
* Understanding of online news consumption, digital branding and marketing.
* Strong analytical skills, excellent knowledge of digital analytics tools, and experience in using digital insights to drive decision-making.
* Delivery-focused mindset, comfortable to work in a fast-paced decentralised environment.
* Experience in working with a mix of internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and vendors.
* Experience working in a newsroom from the digital side
* Experience in digital marketing
* Experience in developing digital campaigns
* Experience with GDPR regulation.
* Previous experience in a media company
* Experience in multimedia production
* London, Canary Wharf.
The deadline for applications is Friday 14th June 2019 at 12pm UK Time.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.