3 months ago
Reuters News Agency is seeking an experienced, results orientated Senior Manager, Global Digital Marketing to drive our high-growth B2B marketing strategy. With a heavy focus on demand generation, the Senior Manager will create and implement high-impact digital campaigns, and utilize their extensive expertise in marketing automation to nurture leads through the funnel. With one direct report, the Senior Manager will take full ownership of all digital channels and platforms, and will be responsible for a variety of success metrics related to best practices in online and social marketing.
The scope and impact of this role is truly global. The position requires a highly analytical thinker with a deep understanding of digital marketing techniques. Strong marketing leadership, as well as the ability to operate within an international organization with nuanced marketing requirements, are critical to success.
Reuters is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider and reaches over a billion people every day. With 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe, we deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage with speed, impartiality and insight to the most influential media and corporate brands. At Reuters, we are constantly innovating our products and services to meet the needs of our customers. Since 1850, we have experimented, invented, and created content and news solutions to meet the ever changing needs of customers in the digital age. Serving broadcasters, publishers, and corporates, we provide award-winning coverage across a variety of topics, including business, finance, politics, sports, entertainment, technology, health, environment, and much more.
* Set a global digital marketing strategy and execute on lead generation campaigns; nurture prospects through the marketing funnel in key geographies to deliver superior results for engagement and conversion
* Lead digital outreach as part of product launches and go-to-market activities
* Work closely with the Senior Manager, Content Marketing providing insights and results driven recommendations on the content strategy as aligned with the buyer journey
* Develop the News Agency and Reuters Community websites, as well as campaign landing pages; taking an analytical approach to best leverage these properties to engage new customers
* Monitor keyword trends in search engines such as Google, Yandex & Baidu in order to maximize SEO and increase quality traffic
* Own the direct marketing e-mail function and our Eloqua marketing platform, maintaining and updating prospect and client databases while reporting on results
* Oversee aggressive growth, engagement and lead generation targets for all online and social media channels
* Plan and executive paid digital marketing campaigns, including paid search, social media, as well as display ads
* Manage, execute and report on ROI of projects against an allocated marketing budget
* Manage a direct report to assist with all aspects of digital marketing, including email design & deployment, database management and reporting
* Represent the marketing team in a range of cross-BU initiatives, including partnering with the Product Department for the Reuters Connect platform
* Ability to “self-start” and “lead from within” by enlisting the support of colleagues at all levels of the organization, seeing projects through from start to completion, and socializing results and requirements across Reuters
* Creative approach to marketing; the ability to think beyond today’s trends to effectively market our suite of products to a new customer base
* Commitment to consistent practice of “test and learn” and continuous improvement while leveraging emergent trends
* Strong knowledge of best practices in B2B lead generation across the full range of digital marketing channels, including content marketing, affiliate partnerships, email, social media, virtual events/webinars, pay-for-performance ads, SEO and SEM
* Superior organizational, written, oral, project management and quantitative skills
* Comfort with working in a complex and dynamic environment, juggling multiple priorities, interacting with people at all levels of the organization and across multiple functions
* Ability to lead direct reports to ensure they deliver superior results while developing their skills and autonomy
* Extensive experience in digital marketing, ideally in a B2B capacity
* Proficiency and experience with marketing automation platforms & Salesforce essential (Eloqua experience preferred)
* SEO, SEM and complete understanding of Digital Marketing Practices a must
* Good level of HTML and associated coding a must
* Bachelors (or equivalent) with a concentration in Marketing strongly preferred
* MBA or other advanced degree in Digital Marketing – advantageous
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.