Senior Direct Marketing Executive
Our client is excited to announce that they are recruiting a Senior Direct Marketing Executive - Digital Lead to support the Individual Giving team in raising funds to tackle hunger among some of the world’s poorest communities and respond to emergencies.
They are an international development and humanitarian organisation working with some of the world’s poorest people in some of the world’s poorest and most conflict-affected places. Founded in Ireland in 1968, they now work in 24 countries supporting over 27 million people living in extreme poverty.
Position: Senior Direct Marketing Executive
Location: Battersea, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £36,572 per annum
About the role:
The Individual Giving team are a passionate, committed and ambitious fundraising team who successfully generate 75% of their UK voluntary income. They are a friendly, hard-working and results driven team.
Working as part of an innovative and analytical Individual Giving team, the post holder will act as the strategic lead for the IG team’s digital fundraising and non-negotiated mass-market recruitment. You will also have the opportunity to manage campaigns and develop programme strategies across a range of audiences and channels.
You will have budgetary, programme and campaign level strategic responsibility across a range of channels, contributing to the overall strategic direction and targets of the Individual Giving team.
- Develop, deliver and test strategic and annual plans to recruit new supporters, to diversify and optimise mass-market digital and non-digital donor recruitment channels, working with colleagues, creative and digital agencies.
- Line manage a Direct Marketing Executive, overseeing their recruitment and development, the setting of annual objectives, conducting appraisals and supporting them in delivering campaigns.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Individual Giving team’s digital fundraising programmes, including paid search, social media, email strategy, lead generation and value exchange campaigns.
- Lead on digital and offline new product development - including digital mass market offering and journeys and ongoing loyalty communications.
- Oversee the development, growth and implementation of recruitment strategies, including inserts, door drops and integrated campaigns.
- Act as the Individual Giving team’s digital lead, advising colleagues and working closely with other Concern teams, with digital agencies on a range of projects.
- Responsible for annual budgetary management and forecasting (KPI, income and expenditure reviews), including developing management accounts commentary for your areas of responsibility.
- Lead the review of direct marketing campaigns, working with the Data Analysis team, and ensure that analysis is used to maximise response and income for future campaigns.
- Work with the Individual Giving Team to plan, implement, and review emergency fundraising appeals as required, including as part of DEC appeals, with lead responsibility for developing Concern UK’s digital and mass market channel emergency appeals strategy.
- The post holder will also have the opportunity to develop across other channels, programmes and audiences, and manage both warm and cold campaigns across direct mail, telemarketing and other marketing channels.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of direct marketing, preferably in a fundraising department, with a sound understanding of fundraising / marketing principles.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in digital fundraising or marketing, including social media, paid search and mobile marketing.
- Experience of delivering compelling and motivating supporter / customer journeys.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience of working with excel to carry out campaign analysis. Demonstrable understanding of campaign segmentation and testing to enhance campaign performance.
- Experience of digital analysis and reporting.
- Strong planning skills, with the ability to deliver multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Experience of managing external suppliers, including digital agencies, to deliver successful direct marketing campaigns.
- Experience of working with CRMs for effective direct marketing.
- Highly numerate, with experience of both income and expenditure budget management.
- Excellent written skills including experience of writing and commenting on marketing copy.
- Target focused.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in UK at the time of application. Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Direct Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing Executive, Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing, Marketing Assistant, Senior Marketing Assistant, Direct Marketing Assistant, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Marketing Coordinator, Direct Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive, CRM, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Analysis, Charity, Charities, Not For Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.