5 months ago
Senior Director, Amazon Marketing – Maternity Cover
Audible, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on three different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. For years, Audible has been best known for delivering our customers the world’s best selection of beautifully narrated audiobooks. We are now taking that same passion and energy to deliver an unmatched spoken word content offering including original drama, comedy, storytelling, periodicals, plays, Podcasts, lectures and more.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Director, Amazon Marketing, to join our team based in London on a fixed contract basis. The successful candidate will lead our UK Amazon marketing team, responsible for acquiring engaged members across Amazon websites, apps and devices and co-ordinate and drive forward the international product roadmap across all countries outside of US, working closely with tech and product teams across Amazon and Audible to scope product enhancements required to deliver an excellent customer experience.
You will be highly analytical and entrepreneurial, have excellent product, marketing and project management skills, and be a strong and inspiring leader for a small high performing team. You will act as strategic lead for Audible Internationals’ partnership with Amazon, advising senior leadership on all matters related to Audible International's integration on Amazon websites, apps, devices and physical locations while supporting teams on the ground in driving successful business outcomes for both Audible and Amazon.
You are a thought-leader in the space, developing expert knowledge of the Amazon ecosystem, the systems and tools employed within it and maintaining relationships at multiple levels across it. You will develop and own a clear picture of how and when decisions that may influence Audible are made at Amazon and position Audible to influence outcome of these decisions.
You will lead the UK based Amazon marketing team, mentoring and guiding the Senior Manager, UK Amazon Marketing towards successful delivery of required results within the Amazon UK marketing channel. You will in turn lead a 4 person UK marketing team across Amazon web and devices. Your efforts will also directly influence the success of all other international businesses, requiring expert stakeholder management and communication skills.
We provide an outstanding work environment, inspiring co-workers, and world-class benefits. You’ll thrive in a team environment where you have the freedom to manage projects from conception to completion. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and International Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Have a deep understanding of the needs of current and prospective customers, and create innovative strategies to better reach and serve them through Amazon surfaces.
· Develop and deliver innovative growth strategies and ruthlessly prioritize resources in order to deliver on those commitments to customers in the UK.
· Act as a key leader within the UK Marketing organization, driving through overall strategy through influence and expertise.
· Lead individuals responsible for the development of business cases and go to market plans for new products and programmes in the UK in conjunction with local and international stakeholders, ensuring excellent execution while supporting autonomy and personal growth.
· Support country leads and Amazon Marketing managers to turn Global strategic imperatives into actionable business strategy for all international territories
· Evangelize Audible at Amazon, understand business goals of our Amazon partners and educate them on how best Audible can help achieve these goals.
· Be a primary point of contact between Audible and Amazon International teams, supporting interaction as necessary and resolving conflict where necessary through application of tact and diplomacy.
· Regularly meet with stakeholders up to VP level at both Audible and Amazon in order to agree on shared goals and develop strategies to deliver against these.
· Create and support implementation of International strategies to shape innovative customer-focused programs at Amazon to drive strong awareness of and engagement with Audible.
· Own the International Amazon roadmap from a business perspective, and work with product teams to ensure all international product requirements are well-defined and ladder up to strategic imperatives that ensure short and long success for Audible on Amazon.
· Dive deep on Audible and Amazon data to uncover opportunity and apply your deep knowledge of marketing strategy to develop strategies to capitalise on this opportunity
· Act as a key guide and mentor for all Amazon marketing teams within Audible international teams, regularly meeting to understand their challenges, advise on best practice and share learnings to ensure successful succession plan.
· Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
· Significant experience in a similar marketing, product or consultancy role.
· Experience of marketing and advertising and a strong understanding of online advertising.
· Detail orientated with strong organizational and communication skills and a proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams in delivering new product launches.
· Excellent people management skills
· Strong analytical capability and a solid understanding of success metrics.
· Be a talented communicator and problem solver.
· Ability to work in a high–energy, high intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Be highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment.
A background in digital content and / or membership based businesses
· A passion for culture and for technology
· A knowledge of SQL