Satarah Recruitment is currently recruiting for our client based in Northampton. Our client is recruiting for a Senior Editor within their team.
The Senior Editor - has two main responsibilities:
* Project manage and editorially guide the creation of the published products within the team, making sure all publishing is produced to the quality and accuracy required, and on schedule, as well as guiding junior members of the team.
* Support the Head of Publishing in all aspects of the creation of the publishing programme, including new product development.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
* Editorially guide and help coordinate the books in line with the editorial and creative briefs, making sure all files are coordinated through the correct approval workflow for the team.
* Research, write, copy-edit, proofread and sign-off on a wide range of books across a range of formats and novelties, to make the best product possible.
* Make sure all files are editorially accurate and to the required quality during all stages - final files, plotters and advances.
* Make sure all published products are produced to house style and fulfil the in-house brief.
* Support the Head of Publishing on all tasks relating to creating the publishing programme and supporting our external partners/licensors/agencies etc.
* Project-manage in partnership with a publishing partner, making sure key milestones are kept to and final files are supplied on time.
* Project-manage a range of products in publishing of appropriate number and complexity.
* Liaise and help to coordinate 3rd-party contributors and other freelance agents that are needed to create a project.
* Problem solve and, if required, escalate problems in the correct manner and in good time to allow schedules to be hit.
The Ideal Candidate
* Excellent awareness of formats, age-ranges and subject matters
* Outstanding understanding of the editorial process
* Copy-editing and proofreading skills
* Organised with the ability to prioritise and support
* Strong people management and problem-solving skills
* Dynamic, proactive and team player
* Hours 9:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Death in Service
* Onsite Parking
If you have the relevant skills required for this role and would like to apply, please submit your cv. If you require further information, please contact Anna on.