5 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. Travel & Lifestyle Services’ (TLS) vision is to serve and inspire extraordinary lives for our Card Members through travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. To achieve this vision, we’ve embarked on an ambitious plan to make our customer experience truly extraordinary across touch points.
TLS serves American Express Card Members across 23 markets around the globe via a number of servicing channels including: phone, e-mail, and online. Phone and email services are offered to Platinum & Centurion Card Members, while online services are available to all customers, including non-Amex card holders.
The Senior Eng. I will look to not only understand how technology works, but look to defining and putting together new ideas to create a better experience for the Card Members we engage with every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our Card Members.
* Collaborating with other Senior Eng. I, within the Solution Mgmt. Team and across TLS, as part of the “discovery” and “refinement” process to select the most appropriate technologies and solution to meet upcoming needs
* Comprehensive knowledge of Java and associated frameworks like Spring Boot, and standard Java toolchains such as Maven
* Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrixed environment where applicable
* Providing direction and foresight to scrum teams that deliver Travel and Lifestyle solutions to Card Members worldwide
* Identifying and resolving data management, control, resiliency and potential performance issues early in the process
* Identifying opportunities to combine / reshape existing initiatives so that greater business value is delivered
* Recommending and providing proofs of concepts from the very broadest recommendation (such as technology selection) ranging from service to infra. to data architecture
* Helping lift the overall skillset of the engineering team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Education and Expertise:
* Preferably University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Significant software development experience
* Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate innovative solutions that often disrupt the status-quo in order to solve existing problems
* Willingness to learn new technology and ability to come up to speed quickly in order to exploit them to their optimal potential
* Expert in at least one area and have a working knowledge and appreciation of all four of the following - Relational databases, NoSQL databases, File / message transmission and receipt and In memory caching technologies
* Agile Practices of Software development – SAFe, Scrum, Kanban.
* Ability to design systems with inherent high resiliency and availability
* Provide technical solutions to complex problems at a global scale
* Working in a large, globally distributed, matrixed organization
* Product Knowledge, within the Travel and Lifestyle industry, would be preferred but not essential
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to analyse and prioritise in the face of complex and competing business demands
* Natural team player, able both to offer and seek help appropriately
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2018, 10:07:35 AM