7 months ago
Senior Event Manager
With a growing global circulation (worldwide: 1,410,667) and a reputation for insightful analysis and opinion on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognised and well-read current affairs publications.
Economist Events brings the rigour of informed analysis and intelligent debate that The Economist is known for to life on stage in international forums. We host over 80 events annually in over 30 countries on topics that convene world-class thought leaders on a range of strategic business issues.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Events Manager who will lead the delivery of our events across Europe and Africa and will be responsible for the smooth execution and delivery of event operations. This includes venue research and contracting, AV production and logistics, to staffing schedules, onsite delivery, and client and project management.
How you will contribute:
* Act as a Project Manager for select events and client projects
* Manage a small team of 1-3 full time employees and contractors
* Manage the marketing team, event programming team and operations team in order to keep event projects on track
* Develop and manage staffing plan and direct staff onsite
* Select and manage external vendors such as audiovisual, venue/hotel, catering, photographers, temp agencies and others as necessary whiclst managis costs and sticking to budget
* Make recommendations to the Global Head of Operations for vendors, consultants, venues and other external resources
* Maintain and, where appropriate, identify improvements for project management systems
* Manage projects in a timely manner to ensure deadlines ar met
* Manage the event budget, direct costs, invoicing and accounts payable process
* Manage clients and senior stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner
* Join meetings and discussions with the EMEA and global event operations team
* Coordinate activities on events and for clients in order to make efficient use of our global client management and event management tools and infrastructure
Experience, skills and professional attributes
Desirable skills for this role include:
* Strong experience within an events environment
* A strong background within event production and logistics
* Ideally a minimum of two years' of management experience preferred
* Event management experience and venue and vendor selection, negotiation, contracting, and management
* Excellent negotiation skills which manifest in favorable contract rates & terms
* Experience developing and managing budgets
* Experience working with clients and managing client projects
* Excellent project management skills
* The ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize a heavy workload and adapt to change
* Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to manage and influence peers & senior members of the team to achieve project goals
* Comfortable working across Microsoft and Google product suites, and social media applications. Familiar with new event technology. Able to get up to speed quickly with new project management platforms.
* Exposure to flexible working hours during busy periods, and a willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS