3 months ago
The role and its purpose.
Reporting to the Finance Manager – Channels (Contact), this role provides commercial support to ensure we maintain a lean & efficient position supporting telephone and webchat interactions with our customer base and sales prospects within Contact. There is also a broader remit to help the business understand relative performance and cost of acquiring and retaining customers across all channels.
In this role, you will ensure the cost targets are achieved, identify financial and commercial risks and opportunities, and provide guidance on effective solutions.
You will become established as an expert in the financial and operational performance of our Contact Centres and cost efficiency across all of Three’s sales and upgrade channels. Operational managers will look to you to deliver insight and guidance to help the business meet its commercial goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
What makes this role unique?
Processes, controls, reporting… So far, so Finance. And of course we need to demonstrate expertise in these to maintain credibility with our internal customers. However, this is commercial finance not management accounting.
Three’s contact centres take care of over 10m customers for whom we want to become a best-loved brand. The Contact Channel must also deliver sales lead conversion and customer upgrades so that even more customers can use and enjoy our brand. We need to ensure that Contact continues to deliver on these targets while simultaneously demonstrating cost efficiency and working towards strategic changes in the interaction volume mix of contact platforms.
And there’s more. Three is primed for growth through its investment in 5G technology and a demonstrable commitment to customer and employee satisfaction. The business needs help to define the optimum financial and commercial mix across the sales channels. You will be responsible for ensuring that we have a good understanding of the cost drivers in each of these channels and support management decision-making in refining our channel strategy.
What does the role involve?
* Manage monthly reporting and commentary for Cost of Acquiring and Retaining Customers (CARC) and Cost to Serve for all channels; present results at WD3 meetings.
* Deliver month-end close, reporting and commentary for Contact P&L.
* Preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts for Contact and CARC to define targets for channel performance.
* Business partner for Contact Centres managers, delivering insight and providing commercial guidance.
* Relationship management of external partners via regular meetings.
* Production of monthly, fully loaded sales/ upgrade cost and KPI dashboards for all sales channels.
* Continuous development in process improvements, enhancing accuracy, and sharing insight.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The type of person we are looking for.
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
* Strong Smartview (desirable) and Excel skills.
* Able to prioritise and deliver high quality, accurate, relevant & timely insight & analysis.
* Partnering experience with commercial & operational teams.
* Presentation skills – ability to articulate the story to a senior audience.
* Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
* Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment.
* A drive for continual improvement & exceptional stakeholder support.