3 months ago
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change, and delivering amazing experiences for our customers. And our Finance team is the backbone of it all.
We're keeping up-to-date with new trends, reading the signals in our data, and making sure we’re on top of our numbers. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
Calling trailblazers with a passion for technology, who are looking gain further commercial experience in a high performing team supporting the Customer directorate at Three. You'll be someone ambitious who is ready to dive into helping us maximise value, whilst reducing costs across Supply Chain. Are you up for the challenge? Come and learn about our two best in class logistics partners, who ship over 1.5million devices to our customers each year!
This role requires you to have a collaborative nature, working across both Commercial Finance and Customer, alongside being passionate about new IoT trends, products and brands! Innovative technology is the future and with us you will be in the know about the upcoming tech on offer at Three, from 4k Handsets to Pro Tablets and exciting new connected / smart devices.
We trade approximately £10million worth of tech per week and want you to work with our supply chain team to make sure we never miss a beat and consistently drive through creative ways to maximise yields & optimise value. So if you're a strong business partner who has the ability to network with senior stakeholders, then we would love to invite your creative flair, analytical mind and collaborative nature to join our Supply Chain Finance team at Three.
What makes this role unique?
As the Senior Finance Analyst you will own the relationship with key members of the SCM team, collaborating with both finance and business stakeholders to provide proactive & concise commercial analysis & insight to make the best, cost effective decisions whilst still maintaining a high level of service to the Customer.
This role sits within the Customer Business Consulting finance team, which supports the Customer Directorate at 3. Customer is responsible for all aspects of trading at 3, including customer acquisition, retention, wholesale & base management and is therefore front & centre of 3’s growth ambitions.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager – Supply Chain, this role provides commercial support to the team that ensures we keep a lean & efficient logistics & inventory position whilst still being able to deliver our Customer promises, maintaining a high level of service in the most cost effective way possible.
Role model business partnering will be key to success in the role, really getting under the skin of the operational areas you support. You'll be confident in presenting financial information to senior stakeholders, taking responsibility for SCM financial across the areas you support and driving through commercially focused initiatives with the SCM team to ensure all cost targets are are met. The successful candidate will draw upon their relationship building, financial analysis and presentation skills to provide guidance and insight to key stakeholders and the finance management team. Early visibility of any risks and opportunities is vital and ongoing review of potential cost savings should be second nature.
This is a demanding role that requires a self-motivated and ambitious individual with a pro-active and delivery focused attitude. You will have great attention to detail and take pride in delivering accurate, clear and consistent outputs. You'll be comfortable managing both timetabled deliverables and ad hoc urgent requests. In a continuously changing environment, a flexible approach and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
What does the role involve?
* Finance Business Partner for all aspects of Inventory & Reverse Logistics, providing commercial guidance & support to key stakeholders in these areas.
* Ownership of financial reporting & KPIs, specifically including stock provisions, disposals, write offs, inventory reviews & intake / inventory forecasting.
* Attend monthly operational reviews at our returns partner.
* Own the quarterly forecast process / annual budget for Inventory & Reverse Logistics, challenging all cost assumptions to ensure best value & present back for sign-off with senior SCM & Finance stakeholders.
* Build and maintain key relationships with Supply Chain, Finance & cross-functional teams.
* Own the Customer cost savings tracker (across all Customer) with a focus on SCM cost savings (ChOpCom).
* Support the Senior Finance Manager with ad hoc finance & commercial requests from Supply Chain and Finance teams as required.
* Process consolidation/improvement to optimise all aspects of Inventory & Reverse Logistics commercial management & review.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified.
* Excellent MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
* Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
* Report writing and presenting to a senior management audience.
* Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
* Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment
* A drive for continual improvement & exceptional stakeholder support.
If you are looking for your next challenge, click below to join the fun!