5 months ago
The role and its purpose.
The Senior Finance Analyst - Supply Chain provides effective and timely commercial support to the Supply Chain team at 3, partnering with the SCM management team to provide insightful, high quality analysis & support to key stakeholders in SCM, including management of financial KPI’s, monthly reporting & decision support.
This role sits within the Customer Business Consulting finance team, which supports the Customer Directorate at 3. Customer is responsible for all aspects of trading at 3, including customer acquisition, retention, wholesale & base management and is therefore front & centre of 3’s growth ambitions.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager – Supply Chain, this role provides commercial support to the team that ensures we keep a lean & efficient logistics & inventory position whilst still being able to deliver our Customer promises, maintaining a high level of service in the most cost effective way possible. In this role, you will be a key player to ensure that cost targets are achieved whilst proactively looking for further cost savings and delivering them to support the overall commercial result.
Roles & Responsibilities
What makes this role unique?
As the Senior Finance Analyst you will own the relationship with key members of the SCM team, collaborating with both finance and business stakeholders to provide proactive & concise commercial analysis & insight to make the best, cost effective decisions whilst still maintaining a high level of service to the Customer.
Role model business partnering will be key to success in the role, really getting under the skin of the operational areas you support. You’ll be confident in presenting financial information to senior stakeholders, taking responsibility for SCM financials across the areas you support and driving through commercially focused initiatives with the SCM team to ensure all cost targets are are met. The successful candidate will draw upon their relationship building, financial analysis and presentation skills to provide guidance and insight to key stakeholders and the finance management team. Early visibility of any risks and opportunities is vital and ongoing review of potential cost savings should be second nature.
This is a demanding role that requires a self-motivated and ambitious individual with a pro-active and delivery focused attitude. You will have great attention to detail and take pride in delivering accurate, clear and consistent outputs. You’ll be comfortable managing both timetabled deliverables and ad hoc urgent requests. In a continuously changing environment, a flexible approach and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
What does the role involve?
* Finance Business Partner for all aspects of Inventory & Reverse Logistics, providing commercial guidance & support to key stakeholders in these areas.
* Ownership of financial reporting & KPIs, specifically including stock provisions, disposals, write offs, inventory reviews & intake / inventory forecasting.
* Attend monthly operational reviews at our returns partner.
* Own the quarterly forecast process / annual budget for Inventory & Reverse Logistics, challenging all cost assumptions to ensure best value & present back for signoff with senior SCM & Finance stakeholders.
* Build and maintain key relationships with Supply Chain, Finance & cross-functional teams.
* Own the Customer cost savings tracker (across all Customer) with a focus on SCM cost savings (ChOpCom).
* Support the Senior Finance Manager with ad hoc finance & commercial requests from Supply Chain and Finance teams as required.
* Process consolidation/improvement to optimise all aspects of Inventory & Reverse Logistics commercial management & review.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The type of person we are looking for.
* CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified.
* Excellent MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
* Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
* Report writing and presenting to a senior management audience.
* Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
* Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment
* A drive for continual improvement & exceptional stakeholder support.