3 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) Investment Optimization team provides decision support by evaluating and prioritizing Prospect (new card members) and Customer (existing card members) Acquisition as well as Non-Acquisition (spend engagement, benefits reinforcement, etc.) investments.
This is a role that provides the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across Marketing, Finance, EDA, Product and Risk to develop and assess the impact of key marketing strategies.
This is a high-visibility role with frequent exposure to senior leaders in Business and Finance organizations. As such, the ideal candidate must possess not only exceptional analytical acumen, but also excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience in a very collaborative manner.
Key responsibilities include:
* Analyse new investment ideas and assess whether it should be funded. Make recommendations on potential tradeoffs using key analytics.
* Develop business cases, analyse past portfolio performance and channel profitability to optimize AXP’s advertising and promotion investment pool.
* Develop strategies and insights that drive revenue through working on key strategic initiatives and areas including digital, partnerships and lending.
* Collaborate with Marketing and Finance on day-to-day investment management ranging from evaluating new campaigns, de-funding poor performing campaigns, investment budget optimization and allocation, results tracking and forecasting.
* Evaluate different acquisition offer constructs and recommend new offers and campaigns to drive incremental revenue.
* Support strategic business analysis across the organization aimed at providing decision support to GCSG’s leadership.
* Become an SME in the card member value models that are used for investment optimization and ad-hoc business cases.
* Manage relationships with key Finance and Marketing partners
* Ad-hoc projects and analytics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Demonstrate strategic thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong financial and analytical skills.
* Understanding of financial statements, discounted equity cash flow valuation and card economics.
* Ability to create and maintain financial and economic models.
* Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects and the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with finance and business partners by influencing decisions with sound logic and analytics.
* Conceptual mindset that can be applied to driving new solutions.
* Resilient, proactive and able to work under pressure.
* TM1 and SAS experience preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2019, 12:02:59 PM