24 days ago
Future’s US Trade Marketing team is seeking a Sr. Designer, who will be joining a thriving team of 12 that spans across Integrated Marketing, Client Solutions, Corporate Marketing, Research and Events.
The Trade Marketing team serves as the primary contact for the Future sales teams, responsible for both the pre-sell ideation and collateral and post-sell custom solutions execution. The also team supports the development of new revenue-generating ad products by creating sales collateral, media kits, and case studies.
The Sr. Designer will lead of a team of graphic designers that supports each area of the Trade Marketing team. As a leader within the Trade Marketing team, the right person for this role is both a creative and strategic thinker and a self-starter who can thoughtfully communicate, create and develop collateral that supports sales, custom solutions, corporate branding and events. This person must be collaborative and willing to participate in strategic conversations and motivated to innovate and elevate our brand in every design capacity. The position will report into the VP of US Trade Marketing.
Job Summary & Purpose
The Sr. Designer is responsible for both design and maintenance of US Future’s marketing materials as well as ad design creative for our advertising partners.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker, with a strong eye for design, who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
This role is based in the New York Office and reports to the VP, Us Trade Marketing.
Key role responsibilities
The role requires a designer who can drive all materials from conception to implementation. He/she can look at content and quickly imagine a visual complement that will take information beyond a good story into something shareable and engaging.
* Designing visually compelling sales and marketing materials for web and print that elevate the Future brand
* Design ad campaigns for clients using Adobe
* Creative Suite with the build out in 3rd party templates
* Adhere to brand guides for Future and its properties and ensure consistency
* Prioritize and manage workload; set deadlines for the team
* Manage day-to-day logistics for all projects
* Participate in brainstorms, take accurate notes and develop directions for visuals to support these ideas
* Proactively volunteer for new projects when workload allows
* Strong digital portfolio demonstrating effective and innovative design assets
* 3+ years of professional design experience; advertising and digital publishing experience is a plus
* Strong understanding of identity, typography, color, layout for digital and traditional media
* Interest in keeping up with design trends to refine skills and improve the Future Media brand
* Ability to turn complex concepts and data into clear visuals
* Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to take and delegate direction and work collaboratively
* A keen eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail
* Proactive time management and exceptional organizational skills
Essential skills and experience
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
* Microsoft Office – PowerPoint
* HTML & CSS
* Base knowledge of UX, UI
* Photography, video and/or animation skills a plus
* BA/BS degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, or related field