7 months ago
Senior Insight Analyst
London - West
Salary: To £45,000 per annum and other great benefits
Senior Insight Analyst
London, Hammersmith - W6 8BS
To £45,000 per annum and other great benefits
This role has been created as part of the significant investment Virgin Media is making into its data, CRM and analytics function in 2018, where we are dramatically expanding the team in order to further tap in to our extensive, rich datasets.
In the role, you’ll analyse usage and content consumption across Virgin Media's multiple platforms and producing regular reports and insight for consumption across the business.
You’ll generate and effectively communicate strategic insights across the business to support intelligent/informed decisions with respect to product development, content acquisition, optimisation of in-life activity, or short/long-term commercial strategy.
You’ll improve the results of targeted communications against set objectives by using data analysis (e.g. predictive modelling & segmentations) to feed into all aspects of Virgin Media's initiatives.
* Produce regular reports which track KPIs - which include detailed insight & analysis of key usage and revenue trends/risks and opportunities to the business across its balanced scorecard covering usage and content consumption across Virgin Media platforms.
* Identify areas of poor performance and provide recommendations to improve results; promote and pro-actively drive change as a result of conclusions drawn from analytics.
* Analyse content consumption within the Virgin Media base and in the general market to support content acquisition team and develop insights to maximise value of Virgin Media's content offering.
* Build strong relationships with providers of core reporting products (e.g. Adobe, BARB, UKOM, Kantar, internal data teams, etc) to ensure maximum benefit is obtained.
* Build strong relationships with internal teams and senior stakeholders to establish the team as a key source for strategic insights.
* Develop segmentation and targeting approaches for use in strategic initiatives versus up-sell, cross-sell, retention and acquisition objectives.
* Develop and maintain data structures that enable efficient model building and assessment.
* Own ad-hoc analytical projects from end-to-end, including requirements gathering, scope definition and approach, data requirements specification, and presentation and communication of findings.
Skills and competencies required
* Strong data manipulation skills with core competency in SQL and proficiency in at least one statistical language (eg. SAS, R, etc)
* Strong Excel skills
* Understanding of relational databases
* Understanding of the application of statistics and statistical modelling techniques such as linear and logistic regression
* The ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and information
* Degree in numerate discipline, ideally with postgraduate qualification in Statistics, Operational Research, Management Science or similar.
* At least 2 years’ experience in customer data analysis environment for large B2C organisations.
* Experience with TV viewing data, specifically BARB and/or directly measured viewing data, but others would be useful too
* Understanding of cutting edge viewing technologies and services (eg. Virgin TV Anywhere, Netflix, Sky Go, Amazon Prime, Now TV, etc)
* Recent knowledge of web reporting and analytics tools (eg. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Rentrak, etc)
Required critical behaviours
* Able to manage situations of complexity with positive outcomes
* Familiarity with emerging technologies and their impact on analytics and user behaviour
* Ability to clearly communicate actionable insights and complex findings to senior stakeholders
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!