5 months ago
Senior Insight Analyst
London - West
Senior Insight Analyst
London, Hammersmith - W6 8BS
To £50,000 + bonus and other great benefits
Are you passionate about leading data-driven teams? Would you like to work with some of the richest, most extensive data sets in the industry? If you have a passion for leading talented, driven teams who derive insight from data, then this is the role for you.
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media’s customer insight and analytics function as you will be getting involved in managing a portfolio of activities that provide analytical solution designs and insights in support of various functional departments.
Virgin Media is delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
The team is responsible for all analytics and prospect and customer targeting that drive marketing campaigns (prospect & customer), commercial and pricing decisions and advanced customer insights, statistics and mathematical modeling.
You’ll carry out and lead a variety of analytics work to support customer base management and understanding across the business. Supporting commercial and marketing to develop great product offers for our customers and identify customers who would like these. Always seeking the perfect balance on meeting customers’ needs and maximising the upsell and cross-sell opportunities for Virgin Media’s products and services.
Identity audiences based on behaviours with VM, building models to predict future behaviours, such as tenure and revenue.
You’ll lead progressive improvements in the analytical solutions of a single function, including definition of best practice in analytics, statistics modelling and segmentation and thereby the value of the insights produced.
The role is contributing and leading valuable customer insights that are actionable or require change. This role will work across the broader consumer analytics and insights function and also work very closely with commercial and marketing teams.
* Provide understanding of Virgin Media’s different customers, their behaviours and financial opportunities
* Delivers relevant insightful customer segmentations and frameworks that support the marketing and commercial teams
* Support the use of models and other information for prospect targeting and driving the insight to ensure these areas are optimised for the business
* Is proactive and plays a key role in developing the appropriate marketing/commercial test plan to support robust core insights that support optimal decisions to be made to achieve best ROI e.g. frequency and/or format of mailings.
* Takes the lead on medium sized projects, co-ordinating and combining insight from multiple functions to provide a comprehensive and clear analytical solution and insights.
* Develops and manages ad-hoc analysis and reporting projects.
* Applies comprehensive specialist knowledge of concepts, techniques and procedures of data analysis to the completion of complex assignments;
* Works with client stakeholders to define requirements and communicate results
* Work with other analytical reporting teams like BI and data supply team to support efficiency on regular analysis/insight work on where this work can be automated. Also making sure data requirements are clear to support the development of the best data architecture and processes to support the evolution of VM analysis, modelling and targeting suite
* Works as part of a project team, with data providers, vendors and agencies;
* Provides training and development support to more junior members of the broader consumer analytics area
* Assess new tools/software that could that could enhance the capability for this area
Skills and competencies required
* Advanced analytical problem solving skills and practical in the application of this in business.
* Excellent technical and innovation skills with good business/marketing understanding to exploit them.
* Strong communication and relationship building skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Consulting skills are developed to core level.
* Excellent understanding of the application of statistics and statistical modelling techniques such as linear and logistic regression, decision tree and segmentation techniques among others
* Intimately familiar with a broad range of analytical approaches, modelling and/or research techniques and tools to generate data-derived insight.
* Proven knowledge and use of SQL, SAS, R
Required critical behaviours
* Able to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes.
* Builds and develops the business and functional skills of more junior team.
* Strong attention to detail in a high pressure, sometimes regulated, environment.
* Familiarity with emerging technologies and its impact on analytics and user behaviour
* Ability to clearly communicate actionable insights and complex findings.
* Proven experience of working across multiple disciplines with competing priorities
We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!