3 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We’re looking for iOS Engineers to work on mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
The Mobile Engineering team will grow significantly in a very short time period and to assist this growth we are actively looking for an Engineering Director to manage the whole division, Software Managers, API engineers as well as Android Engineers.
* Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
* Works closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
* Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools
* Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
* Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
* Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the iOS application
* Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
* Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
* Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* University degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics equivalent experience in related disciplines
* Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps, mobile payments, and wearables
* Significant experience in iOS Development and experience in Software Development
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
* Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect iOS applications to back-end services using asynchronous network calls
* Experience working with automated testing on the iOS platform
* Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying iOS apps
* Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
* Experience with Auto Layout
* Understanding of code versioning using git
* Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Experience with UI animations a plus
* Experience with Swift and/or Functional programming is a plus
* Experience with payments technology is a plus
* Apps published in the Apple App Store is a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 10:56:58 AM