3 months ago
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence – combining product and engineering resources into a single organization to improve speed to market and drive value across core capabilities.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform enables many of the key product features used by our Cardmembers every day and a key reason they choose American Express; from earning points to accessing lounges and getting the benefits of our partners frequent members’ programmes. As a critical platform enabling essential features across the enterprise our team partners & requires close collaboration across a diverse set of teams around the blue box; including NPD, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. Our core objective is to unlock value for both new product offerings, as well as existing products, with a suite of highly configurable core capabilities that can span our diverse stakeholders needs around the globe.
Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning; we are striving to create the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionate & productive software product, engineering and delivery talent. We are on the leading edge for the company using agile practices and the incorporating some of the latest technologies to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications.
Our platforms are at a key point where we need to modernize and transform with a global perspective to continue driving value for our Cardmembers and shareholders; ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer’s lives.
We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic Senior Engineers to join our Redemption space in Loyalty at American Express in Burgess Hill.
As a Senior Engineer you will have technical leadership skills, are able to set the direction for modernising our platform, and design and build solutions for our global strategy.
In this role, you will partner closely with our product owners and collaborative scrum teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches and prioritises your professional development.
* Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews as needed
* Relentlessly look for opportunities for modernization and innovation
* Provide technical guidance to other software engineers
* Writes clean, tested and monitored scalable code
* Ensure a globally robust and highly scalable approach to development to support our global products
* Performs all technical aspects of software development, including prototyping and investigation to support future technical direction
* Designs and develops API's to the highest standard
* Works with Product Owners to prioritise features for ongoing sprints
* Works with Quality Engineers to ensure automated test scripts are incorporated for new features
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
* Experience in developing RESTful API’s and micro services
* Development experience in Java 8, Spring Boot, Data Access and Reactive approaches
* Technical leadership skills that demonstrate helping set direction and mentoring members of the team
* Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
* Strong understanding of Agile practices (TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration...)
* Understands the complete vertical platform environment (technical stack)
* Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
* Good collaboration and communication skills and enthusiastic
* Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers
* University Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2018, 9:03:19 AM