12 months ago
Senior Manager, Business Insights Consultant UK
London, United Kingdom
Categories: Risk Management
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale.
We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This opportunity is in the American Express Business Insights team within Global Merchant Services Marketing Europe.
Business Insights is a consulting and analytics team that offers our Merchants data driven actionable insights to help improve business performance, enhance existing marketing targeting capabilities and capitalize on new growth opportunities, whilst also partnering with internal customers to provide support on key Merchant strategies and priorities.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for selling projects that address key business needs, and delivering analytical solutions using data manipulation and strategic thought. The work is varied, has a direct impact on business outcomes and will provide exposure to a number of key internal business partners.
The overall objective for the business is to deploy our closed loop data assets to drive increased revenue for GMS through close collaboration with Client Management, Acquisition and Marketing.
* Deliver against individual and team targets for Business Insights engagement with GMS and Merchants across all industries.
* Partner with Client Managers to identify, prioritise and engage new opportunities within their customer base.
* Build and manage an effective sales and engagement pipeline working with key stakeholders including Marketing, Pricing, Client Management and Analytics.
* Lead BI customer engagements and ensure client satisfaction, managing projects through scoping, production and delivery.
* Work in close collaboration with the Marketing team to build integrated Merchant plans and strategies, driving actionable insights to be included in Merchant marketing activity.
* Provide close support to aid Merchant acquisition and renegotiation discussions.
* Lead one high performing B30.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent), preferably in insights or analytics.
* Strong analytical background with proven quantitative skills and an ability to synthesize analytics into key insights.
* Strong communication skills and ability to present complex insights in a clear and powerful manner.
* Ability to understand client needs and consultatively guide clients to select the relevant business solution.
* Proven experience of working with partners or in a partner facing role with demonstrable consultative skills.
* Proven results driver with strong experience in consulting sales / business development.
* Strong track record in people leadership and passion for development.
* Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with partners, central and local teams and stakeholders.
* Strong commercial mindset and acumen.
* Consumer and/or B2B marketing experience at a strategic level.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time