about 1 month ago
Competitive With Great Benefits
Category: Digital Marketing Jobs
Senior Manager, Digital Experience
London, Manchester, Birmingham
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Thanks to our portfolio strategy, the Cloud of Clouds, we provide high-performance, integrated and secure network and IT infrastructure services to global customers. It means our customers can connect easily and securely to the applications and data they need, wherever they are in the world. Our Digital GS strategy we are moving to will help create a better future for GS and our people. With a business focused around a global customer base and a portfolio of scalable repeatable solutions, supported by outstanding customer service and market-leading security.
The Senior Manager, Digital Experience, works cross portfolio, covering the entire e2e Customer journey looking at cross portfolio processes to drive digital experience transformation, this includes the vision, execution plans, actions and implementation of what is expected to be complex initiatives corss multiple channels. They are responsible for developing, owning and driving significant improvements with a laser focus on user experience both for end customers and internal collegagues. You will develop a truly agile product management discipline for digital experience transformation covering Discover, Buy, Connect, Use, Get Help, Evaluate journeys.
The role holder will be a key digital expert consultant working collaboratively with Design, Delivery, Service and Operations (DDSO), CTIO and Technology to ensure strategic alignment of transformations are identified, delivered and benefits realised (expectation is outcome will be £m’s), close alignment with product mangers to drive simplification and digital convergence (aggressive drive towards commonality within repeatable solutions) and digital CX performance
In addition to the Transformational remit, the role holder will also be responsible for delivery of key insights and designs to deliver short and medium-term tactical improvements to improve digital experience and resolve difficult underlying issues. i.e. delivery of an amazing Quote to Order capability, an online portal that we would be proud of, with the mandate to deliver differentiated CX
What you'll be doing
* Expert, responsible to drive a more digital CX ethos cross portfolio, to lead and influence decisions on day to day strategic portfolio, DDSO and technology wide focus areas. Collate, distil and interrogate customer insight and business priorities to create a balanced view of customer needs and business challenges.
* Accountable to create a suite of “digital products” that give our customers and internal account/contract/bid and service teams the ability to an ‘on brand’, consistent and harmonised user experience: e.g. all customer touchpoints such as My Quote, My sales, Online/portal
* Accountable to own and builds plans around a new Digital experience roadmap. Creating, maintaining and regularly iterating both strategic roadmap and backlog
* Expert in Agile. Supporting delivery of Minimum Viable Products and building on those throughout the life cycle until BAU.
* Influence & shape requirements for new initiatives from other areas in BT (e.g Enterprise, Consumer). Translate these commercial/ marketing/ service strategies and targets into a digital experience vision.
* Lead cross functional teams pan-BT through methodical analysis, root cause solutions and implementation.
* Drive digital thinking and expertise within and outside of digital. Especially lean principles of rapid build/measure/ learn cycles
* Support Director in inspiring and influencing others to engage and support the delivery of the GS strategy; both in the team and across wider BT
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Customer Solution/Experience Design: Drive customer focused ways of working, challenging stakeholders, vendors and technology teams as necessary for the benefit of customer experience
* Excellent big picture thinker in an environment of ambiguity, recognised and trusted externally as a subject matter expert.
* Deep understanding of Agile principles against the digital product lifecycle
* Change Management: Excellent change manager across people, process and technology working in alignment with stakeholders. Able to assess and be proactively mindful of the impact of strategic change and improvement across portfolio, technology, vendors and partners.
* Excellent end to end knowledge and showcased expertise/track record of down streaming digital product transformation in a highly complex space in collaboration with Technology , CTIO and Operations
* Communication Skills: Simple and brilliant communicator with end customers, singleton users and corporates. Adapts information/style to the audience. Able to work and communicate and influence up to Director level, across wider senior Global stakeholders and with customer (end user e.g. service desk and corporate seniors).
* Internal and External Stakeholder Management: manage cross portfolio stakeholders VP and President level for CX investigations and CI/CT improvements covering solution towers, DDSO, GS Finance, BT Technology, CTIO and Front Office. Ability to build strong relationships with Enterprise and external partners/companies for best practice developments
* Strong professional and leadership experience in digital product ownership.
* Data and analytical skills: Excellent logical investigation, root cause analysis skills and excellent data analytical skills.
* Experience providing comprehensive industry accredited digital product design, expertise including onboarding of emerging technologies and methodologies.
* Recognised expert in building digital experiences by using insight, agility, whilst collaborating across GS, Technology and wider BT.
* Deep knowledge of many GS services platforms, networks, services, products , data and propositions. For concept to market, provision and in-life. Will be a subject matter expert and multi-skilled across technology and products
* Evidence of advising/contributing to strategic direction/vision across their business for simplification and impacts on core processes and digital CX performance.
Why choose us?
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.