30 days ago
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides exclusive access, differentiated value, extraordinary service, and unrivaled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
Driving Card Member engagement via online travel bookings is a strategic focus area for growth within TLS. The American Express Travel website serves as an accompaniment to the offline travel service for our premium card products, and is the primary travel portal for most Card products in 15 international markets.
This exciting position is primarily responsible for driving overall digital marketing strategy and launching full calendar of global travel sales, to drive engagement and online growth, in addition to managing the onsite merchandising strategy for Amextravel.com, and key marketing capabilities for our websites across multiple markets to maximize commercial opportunities.
In addition the senior manager, global digital marketing, will lead and manage key partnerships with external travel suppliers across Hotel, Car Hire & Experiences (e.g. Expedia) and the Digital Product team to drive International marketing plans & enhance the Card member experience.
The successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and experience in Digital Marketing, Brand and Onsite merchandising, ability to work across multiple markets, and build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
* Lead high performing team to execute & refine overall digital marketing strategy and launch full calendar of global sales to drive engagement & online growth
* Lead International marketing campaign calendar (360 digital marketing mix) and manage the International marketing matrix to ensure online travel campaigns drive increased online sales & revenue growth for AMEX Travel Online (ATO) across International markets
* Lead Global Hotel Sale and AMEX Offer Strategy for ATO (DoE, Registered Card, MR, Car Hire, Experiences) to drive ATO marketing plans and CM value & engagement on ATO
* Act as AMEX Travel Online (ATO) Brand Guardian for all marketing activity, and lead delivery of Global Brand Strategy on ATO, across International markets
* Lead and manage key partnerships with Expedia and Hotel Beds Group (Strategic focus on Lodging), Car Trawler (Car Hire) and Viator (Experiences) and Digital Product team to drive International marketing plans & enhance the CM experience
* Lead delivery of new market launches in International markets
* Lead the onsite merchandising and onsite offer strategy, marketing capabilities and content management to increase the site look to book (LTB) ration by enduring on-site messaging up-to-date, accurate and aligns to the Card Member promise
* Work to drive a seamless customer journey with robust, clear, accurate and relevant content to engage and convert
* Ensure the onsite calendar of activity aligns all ATO central and local marketing plans for each site and each market
* Ensure all activity, including digital marketing (Owned, Paid & Earned Media), merchandised offers and content meets all local market regulatory & legal compliance
* Lead team to utilise onsite analytics to make informed recommendations for proposed site changes and optimisation. Develop and maintain strong operational relationships with internal and external teams
* Ownership of marketing budgets and manage relationship with TLS Finance team to drive marketing strategy in International markets
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
* People leadership experience
* Ability to influence stakeholders and teams not under direct control, understand their needs and objectives, and create win-win opportunities to partner in order to meet collective goals
* Extremely strong track record in delivering marketing strategy, across 360 digital marketing channel mix and particularly in owned channels (E.g. website, onsite merchandising, onsite marketing capabilities)
* Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate credibly with internal & external partners and colleagues
* Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple teams and markets
* Strong analytical mind set, very organised with excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work on own initiative and in uncertain conditions – must be a ‘self-starter’
* Drive to innovate and keep up with digital technologies
* Experience of working with analytics packages like Omniture, a plus
* Understanding of travel industry economics and profitability drivers
* University degree in a marketing/business discipline and/or equivalent recognized marketing qualification such as Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma or equivalent experience
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2019, 9:30:58 AM