3 months ago
Senior manager, Wholesale and Ventures Digital Products (120177)
: Marketing and digital
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London
Salary : competitive
: Jul 27, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Senior Digital Product and Propositions Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
You will be responsible for the success of all digital lead generation and service experiences for our Wholesale and Ventures customers. You’ll be responsible for supporting a broad set of customers and businesses to drive success through our digital channels.
Our Wholesale digital estate supports our 1500+ communication provider’s customer network, who sell data, mobile, voice and professional service products onwards to other end customers, and our digital estate supports the ordering and in-life management of these products and services. You’ll be responsible for the operational success and development roadmap for over 50+ different portals, applications and websites. You’ll also be responsible for driving success in our Media and Broadcast business through digital adoption.
Our Ventures businesses are broad in their nature and customer base, ranging from advertising and media to phonebook and everything in between. You’ll be responsible for understanding the digital opportunities in bringing digital first thinking to these businesses and where possible, look to interweave Ventures into other parts of the digital estate. E.g. selling final mile through BT Corporate websites.
You’ll need to manage the end to end lifecycle for all W&V digital products, balancing day to day operational responsibilities, optimisation of existing digital journeys through small change development, and launching new products, propositions and journeys through major change programmes.
You will be responsible for defining and prioritising requirements and roadmaps for digital lead generation and service across the Wholesale and Ventures, working closely with a range of business stakeholders to understand opportunities, problems statements and potential solutions. We have ambitious targets to create a best in class digital service experience for customers, encouraging the entire Enterprise business to have a ‘digital first’ mentality, so communicating with stakeholders will be key.
You will manage a team of digital product managers and review and ensure that product scope, including user stories, mock-ups and user experience specifications are comprehensive and in line with business objectives before signing off. You will maintain one unified backlog for digital. Once in place you will drive prioritization of requirements in partnership with the rest of the digital team, wider business and BT Technology to ensure development resources are focused on the highest value items on the product roadmap.
You’ll be responsible for User Acceptance testing of all output from the digital team and deciding if it is fit for purpose to launch to market.
What you'll be doing
• Accountable for all digital sales/lead generation and service capabilities for Wholesale and Media and Broadcast
• Working closely with Sales Enablement to understand the role that digital plays in supporting lead generation conversations for customers and agents
• Looks at rationalising and optimising the digital estate to ensure that the estate is fit for purpose and serving customers through E2E journeys (rather than through siloed portal experiences)
• Drives digital adoption for customers to reduce cost to serve and reduce propensity to call and account manager time
• Works closely with marketing to drive successful lead generation
• Works closely with Product, Commercial and Proposition to provide simple and effective messaging to customers
• Responsible for KCIs for sales and service based activities (note, Campaign emails will be managed by Marketing)
• Driving for a best in class digital user experience across the digital sales channels (working hand in hand with Digital CX)
• Ensures digital content is accurate and legally and regulatorily compliant.
• Work with marketing to understand campaign roadmaps and potential impacts on digital channel KPIs (such as performance marketing and PPC)
• Responsible for prioritising technical SEO, strategic content and accessibility requirements to drive greater adoption of digital sales channels
• Working closely with Commercial and Propositions to understand trading needs and how digital can support
• Works with Digital Delivery, CX and developers to define go to market, trialling and release strategies for new digital products and features.
• Act as a go to for external stakeholders for digital, protecting and funnelling demand into the team
• Works with Digital Strategy and Transformation to understand forward facing demand, sizing and business casing for funding approvals
• Supports Ventures businesses (Field Force Automation, Better World, A&M and S&I) in digital ambition and delivery
• Identifies opportunities for Ventures to be fed into other customer verticals such as SME and C&MPS
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Expertise with Analyzing and Communicating Market Characteristics and Needs
• Expertise with Defining / Support Product Strategy
• Expertise in Supporting Business and Product Plans
• Expertise in Developing and Implementing Product Programs / Releases
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly complex matrix environment
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others at all levels of the organization
• Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, verbal and written
• Demonstrated change management experience, helping an organization understand and adopt new ideas and new ways of operating, including innovation and speed to market
• Collaborate effectively within a large dynamic organization, across multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work with BT Technology to ensure necessary technology/software application are available to support the delivery of the programs/products
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland. Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our ‘internet of things’ customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.