4 months ago
Senior Market Risk Analyst – 12 Month FTC - London
Senior Market Risk Analyst – 12 Month FTC - London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Market Risk Analyst to join the Market Risk department in Triton Square.
The Market Risk department is a dynamic and leading edge function supporting and adding value to the Wholesale business (Santander Global Corporate Banking). The businesses trade an extensive portfolio of Equity, Interest Rate, Credit, Property and Hybrid Derivatives.
This role is based within the development team whose primary role is to deliver change for Market Risk through new product initiatives, systems improvements/migrations and wider bank projects. The individual will coordinate and provide analysis to support projects and BAU Risk Manager responsibilities including; permitted product management, controlling process improvement, new product approval, managing annual review processes, Front Office permitted product compliance and governance across other control functions.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Market Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Providing guidance in regards to setting up new products and recommending approval for new business development activities.
* Validating new products, to ensure all aspects of Market Risk are properly measured and controlled by current risk engines.
* Supporting the completeness, accuracy and validity of the product mandate and model inventory.
* Liaising with Core Risk team users to prepare functional requirements in new projects, reports, initiatives and methodologies undertaken by Development Team.
* Remediating findings from Validation/Internal Audit/Regulator.
* Interacting with stakeholders including Risk Managers, traders, model validation and internal audit.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Previous experience as a Market Risk Analyst, or similar markets-related role, with experience in OTC derivatives including Rates, FX products and exotic models.
* A good understanding of VaR and VaR methodologies.
* Evidence of working well within a team, with flexibility to take on different roles.
* Proven project or change management skills.
* Demonstrable data handling experience including advanced Excel, SQL and Murex.
* Exceptional communication skills, with emphasis on communicating technical complexity to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.