7 months ago
Senior Marketing Data Manager
London - West
Senior Marketing Data Project Manager
To £58,000 plus excellent benefits
Insight Operations at Virgin Media sits within Marketing, Brand and Analytics (MBA). Insight Operations both manages direct customer and prospect communications and technical data delivery surrounding commercial performance and customer base movements and trends. As such the team is integral to MBA initiatives, operationalising customer and prospect communications and providing internal intelligence on their impact and performance. We are seeking a Senior Marketing Data Manager to sit within this team.
The job focuses on the integrity of marketing data; the data behind contacts from VM going out to customers and prospects across all 4 products (mobile, fixed line, TV and broadband). The role balances addressing fast-paced day to day operational questions and issues, small/medium sized projects and major formal IT programmes.
The successful post holder will manage the technical implementation and integration of new business processes and data, and maintenance of existing processes and data, providing direct support to the business in respect of capturing, specifying and communicating requirements, undertaking integration and testing activities, and ensuring smooth and speedy transition of such capabilities into full operation.
The post holder will:
* Proactively identify areas of improvement in marketing data and delivers improved efficiency and quality of both the data as well as the processing systems.
* Captures and specifies "as is" and "to be" data processes, quality standards and requirements to support and track ongoing evolution of the underlying data strategy that drives our customer and prospect marketing analysis and contact processes, systems and data, ensuring realistic and realisable solutions
* Contributes to - and sense checks - data design for use by the insight operations team
* Manage the introduction of a subset of new and migrated data capabilities into the insight operations team, including facilitation of process revisions, awareness, training, testing and ongoing maintenance
* Work with stakeholders to help shape, review, analyse evaluate, document and prioritise requirements, resources, deliverables and capabilities, ensuring that deliverables meet business requirements
* Drive progressive improvements in approaches used to increase value of the output
* Work as part of a project team with data providers, vendors and agencies
* Work closely with scheduling teams as well as other relevant stakeholders to plan for strategic and operational projects within their subset of activities/remit up to 6 months ahead of demand, including design, deliverables and timescales.
* Create and maintain a document repository, covering relevant process flows and documents in detail, as a single point of reference
* Manage a small cross-functional team (1 or more)
* In combination with other team members, provide cover for the Senior Marketing Data Team Manager in their absence
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The post holder must:
* Have deep knowledge of database marketing and the use of data and systems in direct marketing campaigns
* Have a thorough understanding of SQL and other relational database technology in a marketing environment
* Have proficiency in the use of business intelligence tools such as SAS, Netezza or Business Objects in a marketing environment
* Be a good communicator and be able to work with colleagues at all levels
* Be able to explain complex technical processes in a simple term that marketers can understand
* Be able to demonstrate practical experience of defining, applying and monitoring quality of service standards
* Be able to demonstrate experience of using data manipulation, analysis, reporting and presentation tools
* Have excellent knowledge of the business and the impact of their function including upstream and downstream effect of function on business objectives.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!