3 months ago
In Sep 2015, we launched BISS (Business, Industrial and Scientific Supplies) in Europe. The business was launched across UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. It currently encompasses 17 categories covering a range of products targeting small and big businesses. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Marketing Manager to help accelerate Amazon’s positioning in the B2B product segment.
This is an opportunity to join the early stages of a rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate should thrive in a start-up environment where he/she is comfortable with ambiguity and willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get things done. You will lead a new business segment and will align cross-organisational teams to define and drive the marketing strategy and contribute to product roadmap.
You will be the right Marketing Manager if you are:
· A Customer-Obsessed Athlete – You obsess over the needs of your customers. You advocate for them with your internal stakeholder teams. You constantly look for ways to not only remove pain points for your customers but offer them something better.
· A Problem Solver – Excited about challenges and looks beyond constraints to develop solutions that achieve more than what was once thought possible.
· A Results-Oriented – You’re focused on hitting objectives and delivering results with high standards to customers. You bring intense commitment and a willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
· Self Motivated – You take initiative and don’t wait to be asked. You can operate successfully and independently in a rapidly changing and undefined environment. Like a start-up pro, you’re prepared to wear many hats.
· Analytical in approach. You should have the ability to strike a balance between anecdotal evidence and analytical rigour. You should have the passion to seek insights through rigorous analysis.
· Take Calculated Risks – You use data to make calculated decisions, and you adjust as you learn or as situations change.
· You should be comfortable working with multiple international teams and management.
· The position will be based in Amazon’s office in London.
· Develop and implement marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
· Strong competence for developing marketing programs from inception through to completion, including data-driven analysis of performance
· Have a deep understanding of the needs of current and prospective customers, and create innovative strategies to better reach and serve them
· Conduct analysis and research in partnership with our Business Intelligence teams to assess opportunities to improve all sections of our acquisition funnel.
· Develop, execute and manage Go to Market (GTM) campaign project plans, including campaign goals, messaging, call to action, follow-up activities, and success metrics.
· Create and own a set of metrics that provide insights on customer behaviour as customers interact with the offering
· Owning the creation and delivery of content assets across multiple communication channels including websites, emails, videos (on/off Amazon),
· Managing localization of content into geographies
· Working closely with counterparts in the US and Asia to share best practices and drive for parity and consistency
· Work closely with all marketing stakeholders to identify new projects, gather product requirements, organise user testing and encourage adoption of new tools and processes.
· Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
· Bachelor/Master’s degree in computing engineering, computer science, Business & Economics with an MBA desirable
· Experience of marketing/advertising with a strong understanding of online advertising
· Experience of managing multiple digital programs with strong understanding of marketing and web technologies
· EU languages in addition to English highly regarded
· Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish and delivering successful results
· Site merchandising and/or digital marketing experience
· Experience of business-to-business relevant field marketing, channel marketing or product marketing experience within the high-technology industry
· Advanced Excel Skills
· Previous work experience in an international company with teams in several countries
· A passion for culture and for technology
· A knowledge of SQL would be an added bonus
· Experience of delivering features and products at scale