2 months ago
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver orders. At Amazon Logistics we are building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors, called Delivery Partners (DPs), to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss, set their own schedule and deliver Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in tandem with our advanced logistics systems to allow delivery partners to register for the program, schedule delivery times, make deliveries utilizing in-app mapping and navigation, and more. The approach and technology promise to challenge traditional approaches, and change the way the industry operates.
The Senior Marketing Manager will oversee and manage all aspects of Delivery Partner (DP) recruitment. The focus is on developing and implementing a DP recruitment strategy, piloting new recruitment initiatives, leading the relationship with our background check provider, and owning and updating the external driver-facing Amazon Flex website. Thus, a background in marketing and a commercial mindset are strongly preferred. He/she will understand the needs of DPs, what drives them, and ensure that we hit our DP recruitment targets. This role is inherently cross-functional—this leader will create and manage initiatives working closely with marketing, product, technology, operations, legal and senior leadership teams to ensure that we have the right approach to recruitment and pursue the most promising opportunities.
The successful candidate will be customer-focused, a creative problem solver, resourceful, have a program management mindset, highly analytical, a team player, possess superior inter-personal and communication skills, and be comfortable working independently to drive growth and change in a fast paced environment. The Senior Marketing Manager will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key responsibilities include:
· Driving the end-to-end DP recruitment strategy, including optimizing recruitment tactics, testing new recruitment activities, working with our external agency.
· Owning the entire DP onboarding life cycle, including managing the UK background check provider relationship, owning the UK AmFlex website/content, optimizing the DP welcome series, videos, and content
· Analyze metrics for driver recruitment and marketing success, and measure and provide ROI on recruitment and marketing investments
· Pilot, implement and launch initiatives that drive DP recruitment
· Key metrics include number of leads that result in conversion, DPs onboarded, and cost per DP.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Proven background and prior experience in a program management, operational role, or marketing role within a gig economy, last mile delivery, or supply chain environment, with a strong bias to towards technology
· Previous marketing experience from a crowd sourcing or gig economy related business
· Proven experience in executing technology solutions in a fast paced, high growth, operational environment
· Experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing online retail/services project management role
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Experience managing, negotiating, and communicating with internal/external business partners
· Excellent technical comprehension, and both verbal and written communication skills
· Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
· Degree in marketing, finance, business operations, statistics, computer science or related field.
· Experience in a marketing, commercial or management consulting role.