4 months ago
Senior Marketing Manager-Buyacar
Senior Marketing Manager - Buyacar.co.uk
Buyacar.co.uk is a fast-growing, online marketplace that sources deals for new, nearly new and used cars in the UK. We were one of the first companies in the UK to offer new cars for sale online and currently enable consumers to buy a car, organise finance and then have the car, be it new or used, delivered directly to their door. Growth has been exponential, and we’re now looking for an experienced, driven Marketing Manager to help us meet our ambitious targets.
The role will sit within the award-winning Dennis direct marketing team, and the successful candidate will be responsible for driving customer acquisition and retention, from campaign creation to execution and reporting. It’s the ideal role for an ambitious all rounder with a focus on digital.
Championing customer experience in everything you do, you’ll proactively identify ways to acquire and retain customers across different channels, driving enhancements across online journeys and in customer communications. You will measure the effectiveness of promotional campaigns across the brand and report accordingly. Along the way, you’ll work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders as you help us achieve our goals.
* Driving marketing campaigns from creative concept to implementation, utilising all aspects of the promotional mix ATL and BTL, primarily, but not exclusively digital
* Agency management and selection including management of the existing PPC agency
* Devising, implementing and optimising CRM journeys
* Reporting on key metrics, and providing monthly update reports to stakeholders
* Devising key strategies and implementing them effectively
* Targeting and selecting appropriate data for campaigns
* Driving results – ensuring that marketing campaigns fulfil strategic goals and achieve business goals
* Influencing technical development from a customer viewpoint
* Strong analytical abilities, measuring ROI, capturing, applying and sharing learning on an ongoing basis
* Influencing and leadership skills – able to instil vision through personal drive, building enthusiasm and commitment in order to implement well executed campaigns that meet strategic goals
* Managing marketing budgets, assessing cost/benefit of all activity
* Ensuring all marketing is fully FCA compliant
* Work with our internal team on user tests and A/B testing
* Use Google Analytics and other relevant tools to provide actionable insight, pursuing opportunities for improvement and optimisation
* Write and brief projects into the in-house design and development teams and external suppliers, work with stakeholders to deliver projects to agreed deadlines
* Work with the telesales team to improve customer communications and conversion
* Share learnings and developments across the wider Direct Marketing team
* Monitor, analyse and report regularly on website performance and results
* Seek to increase data collection from the site, in line with data protection and privacy regulations
* Keep informed of developments in the industry and monitor competitor activity, keep Dennis at the forefront of marketing activity
As a results-focused, proactive and creative individual, you will be motivated and full of ideas for optimising our marketing activity:
* A marketing enthusiast, passionate about digital marketing and ecommerce
* Relevant experience managing marketing campaigns and projects, primarily in digital channels, setting and delivering strategies with proven ROI
* Experience of creating, implementing and analysing CRM activity
* ATL marketing experience will be an advantage but not essential
* Able to develop strategic working relationships across the business and influence stakeholders in order to achieve objectives and goals
* Experience using Google Analytics or a similar web analytics package will be helpful
* An understanding of marketing automation and its opportunities will be an advantage
* Excellent project management and communication skills, capable of collaborating with people across teams and at different levels
* Knowledge of industry trends and developments
* Experience of dealing with FCA guidelines will be helpful but not essential
* Self starter, proactive, resourceful, innovative and creative
* Ability to manage priorities and work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
* Strong time management and organisational skills
* Analytical, with an eye for detail
* The desire to succeed and break new ground
* The courage to keep on asking “why do we do it that way?”
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager who enjoys the fast-paced nature of marketing. It’s a great role for the right candidate to drive acquisition and CRM strategies for a dynamic, cutting-edge brand in an organisation with fantastic career development opportunities.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!