4 months ago
Senior Marketing Manager - The Week
Senior Marketing Manager - Acquisition (The Week)
The Week is looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded and creative marketer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the acquisitions team to implement innovative and creative marketing activity across both online and offline channels through the marketing funnel.With 4 direct reports, including two designers the role requires developing a holistic understanding of the business to build and implement insightful marketing campaigns that drive short & long-term circulation growth and improve subscriber yield across a recurring revenue business model.
You will be customer-focused, a creative problem solver, resourceful and a team player. In addition you will possess superior interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven track record in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
As a Senior Marketing Manager you will:
* Be responsible for guiding The Week’s acquisitions team to deliver integrated campaigns and marketing plans which support strategy and deliver against targets.
* Manage 4 direct reports - a Senior Marketing Executive, Junior Marketing Executive, a Senior Designer and Junior Designer. You will also work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager for the brand.
* Drive performance by ensuring campaigns deliver efficient marketing CPAs. You'll evaluate campaigns, understanding campaign KPIs and act at pace to make decisions and meet targets.
* Work with the Head of Marketing to develop marketing strategies for acquisition which meet business objectives for the brand.
* Deliver the end-to-end subscriber acquisition strategy with the support of the acquisition team - including optimizing acquisition tactics, testing new acquisition activities, working with our external agencies.
* Be an advocate for new campaign initiatives and other improvements - using customer research and marketing & business metrics to derive insights and shape recommendations. Pilot, implement and launch these initiatives and new campaigns to drive subscriber acquisition throughout the marketing funnel.
* Be responsible for the acquisitions budget management and optimization.
* Manage the acquisition section of the customer lifecycle for the brand - from brand discovery to the point of conversion. Working with our internal retention team to ensure a cohesive consistent customer experience post purchase.
* Work closely with editorial and the loyalty & engagement and digital teams on new brand ventures such as podcasts, events, subscriptions boxes, newsletters and new product developments.
* Explore and understand patterns and trends in churn and first time renewal rates with the support of the retention team.
* Be responsible for creative development and delivery of marketing assets for Dennis owned platforms and Above The Line and Below The Line paid media channels.
* Ensure that all marketing activities developed adheres to our brand positioning and guidelines.
* Flexible, resilient and responsive. The Week portfolio never stands still - it needs a marketer who will embrace and thrive on the exciting, dynamic nature of this role.
* Collaborative. The Week portfolio’s strength is the sum of its parts – it is a truly collaborative effort across editorial, marketing and commercial. The team behind these magazines excel because they believe in working together.
* Driven. Must be hungry to succeed and drive success across all areas of The Week portfolio
* Strategic. Able to balance workload and priorities across a weekly title driving more than £300K revenue per week.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus and the ability to interact regularly with senior leadership - whether verbal, written or presentation
* Diverse. Manage all elements of marketing from top of the funnel to the bottom; your day may be as varied as briefing in a marketing campaign, writing a budget, and then launching a podcast.
* Creative and innovative. With a strong creative flare you create clever campaigns that are on-brand and as vibrant and engaging as the product they are promoting. You can confidently deliver briefs and critique briefs from others with confidence.
* Analytical, with an eye for detail. Data-driven to inform channels and campaigns with learnings.
* A great commercial understanding and ability to drive performance. You'll understand the commercial impact of marketing activity, and constantly seek opportunities to improve performance.