6 months ago
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, Mr. Robot, and Outlander, and more recently live sports including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Amazon Prime Video is looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded strategic marketer to join our team. The Senior Planning Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing marketing strategies that support Prime Video across Europe. The role requires developing a holistic understanding of the business to build a marketing strategy and program that can impact both short & long-term customer and commercial impact.
· Develop and implement marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
· Build and manage calendar of content launches across Europe, determining priorities and how to bring new shows to market.
· Provide objective marketing recommendations based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information.
· Manage the campaign planning tool which allocates marketing support for our priority campaigns.
· Advocate for new initiatives or process improvements using customer research, hard data, and marketing & business metrics to derive insights and shape recommendations.
· Work with the content acquisition / licensing team, original production teams, research, external studio partners, finance and marketing departments to determine marketing investment levels and business goals.
· Monitor and track competitive programming and provide regular updates on developments.
· Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing communications.
· Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
· Budget management and optimization.
For this role we require:
· Significant experience working in-house in content planning, marketing strategy, or related roles in positions of increasing responsibility for multi-national companies.
· Demonstrated track record of succeeding in fast-moving international environments
· Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Track record of delivering global projects as a leader of a cross functional team.
· Proficiency in Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
· Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus.
· Exceptional persuasive written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to build logical story flow, particularly in written narrative form.
· Ability to interact regularly with senior leadership.
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Experience working in TV & Film, entertainment trends and new platforms
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.