7 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Marketing Strategy and Planning Team is a new team. We’re made up of two distinct but co-dependent areas: marketing strategy and marketing operations. We’re also responsible for creating the Marketing Strategy (consumer & SMB) and then translating this strategy into the marketing plan for the whole of O2 in the UK.
How will you fit into this?
As Marketing Strategist you will help create the marketing strategy and then shape and refine the plan through a rolling planning process and quarterly strategic reviews. It is a leadership facilitation role i.e. facilitating the marketing team to deliver the plan to hit brand, commercial and customer targets/KPIs which include the board level commercials.
* Lead and facilitate the creation of the Consumer and SMB Strategy and Plans, designed to deliver the Tier 1 board Commercial, Customer and Brand KPI's and budget for O2 in the UK
* Facilitate C-level and SLT level stakeholders to design solutions to O2’s strategic marketing objectives and challenges
* Ensure there is a ‘helicopter view’ thinking, continually adding value by asking the right questions, creating strategic frameworks - ‘magic and logic’ creative thinking
* Work with DI&A to ensure we have the right insights and intelligence to input to the plan
* Ensure continuous improvement of the plan via evaluation feedback loops
* Integrate the marketing plan process with other key directorates e.g. Sales
Skills & experience:
* Excellent strategic thinking and skills
* Ability to build a strategy and plan on evidence but add flare through creative thinking
* Excellent stakeholder management/people skills (persuade and influence) to C level
* Excellent communication skills
* Ambition, passion and drive to create a cultural change
* Passion for all marking outcomes: brand, commercial and customer
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.