3 months ago
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join our Underwriting department. You will be based at our City Exchange Office in the heart of Leeds city centre. This is a 9 Month Fixed Term Contract.
About the role
The Senior Mortgage Underwriter will underwrite residential mortgage applications from Intermediary and Direct distribution channels in accordance with the Society's service standards and risk appetite Lending Criteria.
What we're looking for
* Knowledge of mortgage lending systems and the processing of requirements.
* Good PC skills in MS Word and Excel are required to produce MI reports and other correspondence.
* The role requires an accreditation to achieve L1 Underwriter Mandate status.
* Very well organised and have good attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver service standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to ensure targets are achieved.
* Strong judgment and problem solving skills
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
* Annual salary & performance related bonus
* 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
* Health Shield cash plan
* Pension scheme & Life Assurance
* Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
* Annual volunteering day & long service awards
* Childcare voucher scheme & Recommend a friend scheme
* Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and have the home they want. Our mission is to become Britain's most successful building society, and our colleagues are a really important part of our success.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.