6 months ago
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite artists. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives. Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, results-oriented Senior Marketing Manager, responsible for Partnerships and Artist Marketing in the UK. Focused on developing partnerships with external brands and organizations, including creation and execution of artist marketing programs, this role will work with a wide range of stakeholders on exciting and innovative projects to drive growth and awareness of Amazon Music.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing and managing new marketing programs with external partners and has broad understanding of marketing drivers and strategy to maximize outcome. This person must be a strong relationship builder across various organizational levels with excellent written and verbal communication skills, working alongside international counterparts on overall strategy. They are expected to work on regional and global projects, in addition to seeking out and maximizing relevant local opportunities. The candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong ownership, bias for action and the ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams. They will be known for creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to influence others, and analytical skills to continuously improve results.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Establish relationships with relevant external brand and industry partners, as well as internal stakeholders
· Develop strategy, build creative concepts, initiate projects and lead execution of partnerships and artist marketing programs in the UK
· Own and manage highly visible customer awareness programs to drive growth for Amazon Music in cooperation with domestic and international partner teams, business development, cross-consumer marketing, brand/social marketing, tech/voice product management and label relations
· Support regional and global teams on creation of new program initiatives to advance partnerships for Amazon Music
· Work internally with Amazon Music UK label relations, brand and editorial teams to identify locally relevant ways to grow Amazon Music via artist marketing programs and initiatives
· Identify acquisition and awareness driving opportunities and strategies based on consumer and business data
· Understand partner needs and corresponding levers to grow Amazon Music awareness, analyze performance and success of those levers and implement initiatives to test and continually optimize across channels
· Regularly audit competitive strategic analysis, customer/target audience segmentation and consumer insight development to help evolve partnership strategy
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years of relevant marketing experience and/or business development, with understanding of all marketing channels
· Proven delivery of marketing-, business development-, or partnership campaigns in the UK
· Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish and delivering successful results
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strengths in creative and strategic thinking and the ability to quickly learn relevant tools and processes
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence others
· Experience building and managing lasting relationships across various levels of an external organization
· Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and prioritize compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable to operate in fast-paced environments
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
· Track record of performance excellence
· Experience working in a music-, entertainment- or subscription service
· Experience managing multiple partner marketing programs across diverse channels, both online and offline
· Existing network across relevant brand and industry partners
· Existing network within the music-, label-, management- or artist community
· Understanding of digital entertainment and streaming trends, seasonality and competitive landscape
· Ability to make things happen in a dynamic and constantly changing environment, with a strong bias for action and ownership